God the bloodthirsty sinner

by GWEEDO 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

And the LORD was with Joshua...

The Lord Commands Joshua

1 After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord , the Lord said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' aide: 2 "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them-to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates-all the Hittite country-to the Great Sea [1] on the west. 5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
    6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

even when he did this?:

Joshua 7
    19 Then Joshua said to Achan, "My son, give glory to the Lord , [1] the God of Israel, and give him the praise. [2] Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me."
    20 Achan replied, "It is true! I have sinned against the Lord , the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia, [3] two hundred shekels [4] of silver and a wedge of gold weighing fifty shekels, [5] I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath."
    22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and there it was, hidden in his tent, with the silver underneath. 23 They took the things from the tent, brought them to Joshua and all the Israelites and spread them out before the Lord .
    24 Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold wedge, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor. 25 Joshua said, "Why have you brought this trouble on us? The Lord will bring trouble on you today."
    Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. 26 Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the Lord turned from his fierce anger.
    Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor [6] ever since.

God sure has a temper

But in his fierce anger he seems to have forgotten that he and his great pal Joshua were breaking a commandent.

Deuteronomy 24
    16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

*Obviously none of Achan's daughters were virgins. They would have survived otherwise...

• COMF
    COMF

By faith Noah constructed an ark for the saving of his household.
    By faith Abraham resided as an alien in the land of promise.
    By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
    By faith Sarah received power to conceive seed.

...By faith Joshua stoned cows and donkeys...

(Hebrews chapter 11)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit