BREAKING FREE is going to cost....

by Terry 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Breaking free is going to cost plenty!

Family, friends, reputation, purpose in life and self-accusations.

The very same brain that gets you IN to the religion is what you are stuck with when you get OUT

The ex-JW is ripe for falling back into another ditch because they have no skills for non-magical thinking and superstition.

It is worse than quitting smoking or a heroin habit.

The scandal of the Watchtower society is that it takes over a person's mind and ruins their ability to see life or people or events simply

as life, people and events---without a supernatural conspiracy of doom attached.

It will take years to scour and scrub the putrifying scum out of your brain...and even then the stench will linger ever after!

BREAKING FREE is going to cost plenty--but--look at the alternative!

You actually have free time to relax and read whatever book you want. You can go to movies and

listen to music that doesn't have to pass the inspection standards of old white men trapped in a tower.

Once you are out- there is nobody telling you to waste your life on useless projects.

You get to make new friends who won't drop you like toilet paper.

When you wake up in the morning there is no cosmic conspiracy of demons.

Instead of a calendar of DOOM you have an unlimited road stretched out before you. Life consists of NO PREORDAINED APOCALYPSE.

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT ever after!

Look in the mirror--what do you see? Your new governing body!
  • d
    d

That may be true but no price is higher than owning yourself.Well said Terry I felt sad when I left the JW'd but now I feel free to explore my world.

• likeabird
    likeabird
    The ex-JW is ripe for falling back into another ditch because they have no skills for non-magical thinking and superstition.

Just because we'd misplaced our trust in a publishing company doesn't make the above statement true for all ex-JW.

Everything costs something, even staying in. Just have to negotiate what you're willing to pay.

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Good post, thank you.

• clarity
    clarity

OMG I LOVE THIS!

Look in the mirror--what do you see? Your new governing body

classic

clarity

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

"It will take years to scour and scrub the putrifying scum out of your brain...and even then the stench will linger ever after!"

LOL, funny but unfortunately quite true. I think that's why I keep coming back to this forum when I'd really rather not.....it's a kind of detergent to help finish the scouring and scrubbing of the final scummy residue off of my ex-JW brain.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I knew that when I went ahead with my decision. I knew my decision would lead me to being disfellowship. I was willing to do it. I have been called all sorts of things from vile, disgusting, dispicable to the whore of babylon. I am dead to family and "friends". 8 years on - I would do it again without so much as a blink of the eye.

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

BREAKING FREE might just be the most difficult thing in life, but it's totally worth it in the long run!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit