Am I the ONLY one who goes through this??!!

by JWOP 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JWOP
    JWOP

Okay, I gotta rant.

We have a reel mower. And a weed whacker for times when it's rained too long and the grass grows beyond reel mower's capacity. I prefer to do the reel mowing myself for the cardio I get from it, but I do ask the two male (UNEMPLOYED) adults in our house to do the occasional full-lawn-weed-whack after rain. (Our total property, including the area the home sits on, is only about 100 ft x 60 foot)
    And after DAYS of harping on the two of them to get it done, what do they whine at me????
    "But THAT'S too HARD"!

Really?

I work 12 hours straight non-stop overnights in the nursing home taking care of wandering, combative, crazy patients several days each week. THEN, I can lug the bags of dirt out to the garden beds, spread it, dig, pull tough weeds, and blah blah blah in the blazing hot sun after having slept only three hours after the 12 hour work shift. THEN, I cook dinner for the family, wash the dishes, and do most of our laundry.

And YOU want to talk to ME about HARD work?

Shut the hell up.

I WISH the ONLY thing I had to do was weed-whack a 100 x 60 foot lot!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so, kick their lazy asses out. Suze Orman says everyone over the age of 18 in the household should be working and contributing to the expenses and the labor of running a house.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Well.....one of them is my husband, and he IS good for OTHER things, LOL! (and no, I'm not meaning just THAT, LOL!). BUT.... is it REALLY THAT hard to do the stupid lawn?
    I mean, c'mon people, that's just stupid!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

If they can't pitch in and help, they should surprise you and hire someone to come over once a week to keep the yard smooth and edged.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Personally, I prefer to do my lawn before it rains.

W

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

As the only person in my house who does any cleaning, I can totally relate.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I like doing yard work....it's very satisfiying to see everything all trimmed and tidy. Here in puddletown USA. if you wait for the rain to stop, this time of year, you'll never get anything done. I mow my lawn with a power mower rain or shine. I adjust the wheels up 4 X 4 style and go for it. Even if you only take the top 1/4 inch off, it looks neat. You can lower the wheels a little and hit it a second time if you like the grass shorter.

Maybe your gang figures since you choose to use a reel mower because you like the work out it gives you, but you can't use it when it's raining, you shouldn't expect them to weed whack the entire yard when it's wet. (seems like it would end up looking kinda ragged that way)

• talesin
    talesin

Stop doing their laundry and cooking their meals and doing the dishes, etc, etc,

They are unemployed and you are working 12-hour shifts? Ridiculous! No wonder you're ticked off!

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit