Senior Branch member defrauding.

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have just been reading a post "We had an easy exit from JW" by T.D Joseph. The guy is obviously in India and so he says his brother was quite high up in the JW Ranks. What I am wondering? I remember hearing an unverified account some years ago of a very senior bethelite in India defrauding the organization. I believe Brooklyn got involved and sent some big wigs over to do an Audit and sort the matter out. I believe that some fell on the sword over it. So this poster got me wondering about this unverified account. So my question is "is this story true or not" and can any one veryify it. The person who I heard this from some years ago was a person I meet on the internet. Thanks

• steve2
    steve2

Sorry cannot help you with your query but am interested in any informed replies.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Me too. This organisation is rotten in the core.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would not be surprised.

I remember this was one of the first "apostate" news stories I ever read on the Internet about the bethel in India having problems.

http://www.watchtowernews.org/indiabethel.htm

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Slimboyfat:That was very interesting. I was told this account by a random person I meet on the internet who lived in India and called himself a witness. This must be at least 10 -15 years ago (Im guessing). What makes me remember and doubt this guys story is that I had to delet this guy off my yahoo I.M because he became threatening. If he was a witness I think it may of just been for appearances sake. He also sent me a photo of himself (I like to put a face to who I am talking to) and he was butt ugly. He really could of been anyone. I do remember him been quite disgusted with what was going on, and I can also remember him telling me that the majority of witness lived in one province of India (as just now has been verified by slimboyfat thread) so there could be some truth to it..

• sillygirl2013
    sillygirl2013

I've heard of this incident but am unsure of the details. About 3, 4 years ago there was a lot of whispered talks going around about how allegedly so many strong spiritual ones at the bangl/lonavla bethel fell from thr "truth". Apparently it was said that they had problems with the society changing teachings on dates time and again. I can verify that heavies from Brooklyn promptly arrived for a cleanup.

Those that related it shook their heads and said in despair "how much more should we be steadfast, how much more strong should we stand".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sillygirl2013: No this was more than 3-4 years ago and had nothing to do doctrinal issues. This was to do with fraud or theft of money. Gee this has got me thinking now. Im interested.

• sillygirl2013
    sillygirl2013

sorry joe134cd, I couldn't be of much help. I might be able to do some investigating with those that I know that are still in but don't wanna raise eyebrows. I'll be discreet and if I come to anything, you guys will know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit