Thought on Doug Mason's Analysis

by turtleturtle 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

On p. 28 of the PDF The Truth Changes: The Watchtower July 15, 2013 it states:

Somehow, the GB manages to extract two separate appointments from this passage:

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over

his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave

if his master on arriving finds him doing so! Truly I say to YOU, He will

appoint him over all his belongings. (Matthew 24:45-47 NWT)

From my initial considerations of this scripture, I can see how a Bible researcher could “extract two separate appointments from this passage”. Notice:

his domestics (first appointment), to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave

appoint him over all his belongings (second appointment). (Matthew 24:45-47 NWT)

Any thoughts to the contrary?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

See my post # 560 on this thread. It may include a thought coinciding with what you are asking.

Take care

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Actually, very much in line with WTS subtext that everything just about is fulfilled by Jesus Christ, the faithful and discreet slave is actually Christ himself when he returns at the second coming. It is Christ, obviously, who will own and be over all God's belongings.

In the meantime, while Matthew suggests a possibility of a specific slave over the "domestics" who might also prove unfaithful, many other scriptures confirm that slave would become evil. Thus all the references to the "evil slave" and the "sluggish slave" are references to the slave who originally was over God's "domestics", that is, those who are associated with the temple. But even 2 Thessalonians shows the "man of lawlessness" comes out of God's own temple, that is, rises up from among his domestics, those recognized as part of his own household.

This plays out in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man is at the table where all the food is. This represents the GB of the WTS who is in charge of providing food at the proper time for the "domestics," those part of God's house, God's temple. Lazarus is cast outside the gate of the rich man, meaning he is a disfellowshipped individual at first, but who longs for spiritual food. But then everything changes. The rich man goes to a place of disfavor and torment, meaning he has become the "evil slave", the unfaithful slave. By contrast, Lazarus clearly is in the bosom position of the father which means he is actually the faithful slave. Lazarus represents the prodigal son individual who becomes the physical manifestation of Christ at the second coming. So in reality, the slave that ends up being the faithful and discreet slave is Lazarus and not the GB of JW.

That's the REALITY. That's how this was was fulfilled.

So technically, by claiming to be the "faithful and discreet slave" the WTS is actually claiming to take the place of Christ.

• Terry
    Terry

TURTLETURTLE: From my initial considerations of this scripture, I can see how a Bible researcher could “extract two separate appointments from this passage”. Notice:

his domestics (first appointment), to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave

appoint him over all his belongings (second appointment). (Matthew 24:45-47 NWT)

Any thoughts to the contrary?

_________________________________________________________-

Yes!

You are overlooking the CONDITIONALPREMISE.

What are the conditions? How are each met? When does one result in the next condition?

NOTE: Scripture wording: if his master on arriving finds him doing so!

What condition must be met BEFORE any of this applies?

The MASTER has to ARRIVE before any of the rest becomes important to anybody!

DID the Master actually return in 1914? If he did NOT---the scripture is irrelevent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit