Silent Lambs Advertising Campaign?

by YYHWH 2 Replies latest jw friends

• YYHWH
    YYHWH

If Dateline decides not to air there program concerning the JW pedophile issue then maybe members of this board and other anti- jw sites could all form a advertising co-op fund and use the funds to buy some air time to bring the issue to light. You can actually get air time very cheap through the Cable Companys,I work for AOL/Time Warner in Houston TX and I know for a fact that you can buy a thirty second spot on Cable for under $3000.00.

Of course it wouldnt have as much impact as Dateline but I do believe it would generate some publicity and media attention.

Each spot could also include the web site locations for more info.

The fund could be set up as a charity are a non-profit organization.

I think it would be a great way to expose the Dubs for what they really are.

Lets say for example you could get a thousnad members in the co-op each one committing to a minimium of $25.00 per month that would be enough to run about eight spots a month in eight major Citys with an audience of probally over five million viewers.

May sound like a pipe dream but I believe it would be easy to set up and to manage.

• felix a
    felix a

YYHWH,

Not to totally rain on your parade but at 8 ads per month you would have no ones attention. Typically in the world of advertising if you want the listener / viewers attention you will need them to hear your ad roughly 21 times in one week at a minimum. The next step is to ask when and where you would want those ads run? What quality of production do you want to have for those ads? There are so many more factors that will come into play that your proposal truly becomes an unrealistic prospect unless you find yourself a financial angel with deep pockets.

And this is all after you've decided what the message is you really want to deliver to the public.

Hiring a good PR firm with solid media contacts would be a better return on the money. Here you would have someone actively developing the image of your non-profit organiztion in such a way as to possibly get you interviews and additional free expoasure for the issue/s you wish to bring to the publics attention.

david

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• anewperson
    anewperson

YYHWH, ignoring the negative person, sounds like a good idea you have, although Dateline will air the document at some point. We'd prefer they air it now or sooner than later though because each day it sits unaired more children are raped. So hold onto the idea. Meanwhile let's politely but daily email [email protected] asking them to air it now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit