The sinking ship

by dothemath 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dothemath
    dothemath

I can't even count the number of talks that have mentioned......."why build(paint, fix, etc.) on a sinking ship?

Of course referring to the world in general.

These days I'm thinking that maybe the "sinking ship" is the Watchtower society........

The magazing will probably be down to 2 pages in a few more years.......

In our area most of the cities that had 4 congregations are now down to 2, and I know of several

that had 2 congregations now joining into 1.

Do any of you plan on visiting the new facilities in Walkill, or wherever it is?

• Fernando
    Fernando

It certainly seems that supremacist religionists will in time be shocked to find the world saved and themselves doomed.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

(What was God thinking when he imputed Jesus' holiness to us, as fallen sinners? Does that make us sinner-saints? Are we now also considered the "holy ones" of scripture? Is that why it is called the “Good News” about God’s grace or unmerited favour? Does this make the "ruling religious clergy class" redundant, angry and fearful?)

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think the JW's will point to the bottom-line membership numbers their organization reports, 7 million and growing. They will see that as evidence of Jehovah's blessing, the little one becoming a thousand, etc., etc.

The WT Society has enough funds and enough wits and wiles to keep going for a while. They will find uneducated people in this world to exploit. However in Western society and places where the Internet makes a large amount of history and information available, the growth of the Watchtower movement is slowing. The WT Society is losing the battle of information control because the information they don't want people to know is in available in almost everyone's pocket now.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Dont forget the Watchtower has a double headed penny.

On one side... their organization reports, 7 million and growing. They will see that as evidence of Jehovah's blessing, the little one becoming a thousand, etc., etc.

On the other side...In the last days the love of the greater number will cool off..

They always seem to have an each-way bet ",if one side of the coin doesnt prove us right then the other side will."

smiddy

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Haha...I read your title and thought about Obama. Woops!!! LOL....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit