July Watchtower Should You Trust Religion?

by piztjw 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

Same old same old. I had great sport reading this and applying the questions to the JW's. "Similarly, it is wise to examine religion carefully. If you belong to a religious organization, you are, in effect, putting your spiritual life in its hands. This includes your prospects for salvation." But of course there is no religion that is going to be right except for the JW. According to them. And your soul will suffer eternal damnation if you actually do what they tell you to, and research their religion from an unbiased viewpoint.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's amazing how often the WT shows it's hypocrisy when calling out believers of other religions.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

They are right you should not trust religion and that includes the WT Cult. They are all full of you know what. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. Totally ADD

• moshe
    moshe

JWs don't think their religion will ever fall off a cliff-

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

By saying you're putting your spiritual welfare in the hands of a religion, they're really saying (betwitx the lines) that if you choose the wrong one, you could end up being condemned of God. Evangelicals believe you'll burn in an eternal Hell, but JWs are a bit more charitable. You'll simply be annihilated. God will wake you up on ressurection day and, once you're wide awake, he'll blast you into eternity. (Ever had someone wake you up, then tell you to go back to sleep?)

I never saw the logic in doing that, but that's what they believe the Christian religon teaches.

Still, that they can say that staightfaced is a testament to their control over the masses.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I was hoping ( for a few people I knew) God would wake them from the dead

and explain very clearly to them what horrible things they did to other people

and make it so they actually felt remorse equal to the suffering they caused

and then annihilate them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

LOL like Stalin and Hitler? Yes, and their ilk. Jesus did say all would go before the judgement seat and be judged according to their deeds, so that's comforting for believers.

The WT take on other religions is the old rafters and straws thing: they don't see their whopping great rafter, and if you point it out, you're meat.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Julia

• yadda yadda 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit