Great Meetup in Phoenix AZ yesterday!!

by Gayle 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gayle
    Gayle

About 28-30 of us there for two hours at the Phoenix Library. Alot of personal experiences of those being raised JWs and experiencing shunning! It was filmed but sensitivity was certainly given for those there, were several there, who could not be filmed because of JW family yet. There were tears of empathy and understanding. There was also much joy in gathering together and expressions of support to others there that are enduring heartbreak because of JW shunning. There was a wholesome sharing of humor that only ex-JWs would understand.

Kathleen Conti came also and what a wonderful mom of a wonderful daughter!! Others there, one that have written books, or another with experience even talking to the media.

Actually a lot of energy was displayed and strengthening. The purpose indicated sincere support for ones leaving JWs and giving awareness about the facts of the Watchtower's primary most hateful behaviors.

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Gayle,

It was so nice to see you and others! Thanks for reaching out to the Chandler Ex-JW meetup to help with this -- it was really wonderful, if at times, painful to hear some of the accounts!

Cheers,

-Randy

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Sounds like it was a great day. Thanks for sharing.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I love that it was held at a library. Perfect setting. Will remember that for next meetup around here.

Will you post the film somewhere?

-Aude.

• Glander
    Glander

Gayle, thanks for sharing it with us. Wow. I wish I could have been there. Sounds like a perfect 'fest.

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks Gayle ... encouraging just hearing about it.

>

Love to see the vid ... but that might be difficult

clarity

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

Noooo! I could've actually gone! I didn't even know about it! Glad it went well. Hopefully there will be another one soon that is close enough to attend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit