Present day torture of a witness in Canada

by pseudoxristos 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

The following is a partial quote from a JW forum.

Re: Present day torture of a witness in Canada

...She has leukemia. When she tries to fight off the blood transfusions the staff restrain her and drug her with something that will cause her not to remember the blood being administered. This is the standard procedure they are using on her. Sound like the Holocaust or the Inquisition? If people didn't agree with the Catholic Church in those days they were tortured. In Alberta if a person, even as old as 16 ½, doesn't agree with one of the medical choices she is tortured. If that isn't enough, her father, a baptized witness, is in support of the use of blood which has now caused a wedge between them and has made it extra difficult for the mother and her two sisters who are witnesses. We have found this to be shocking. The rest of Canada accepts informed choices by young people who can convince the hospital staff of their conviction but not here. The girl's attorney is from the Canada Branch and there is a brother representing the mother. The father got some sleizebag lawyer. This whole incident has touched us personally.... The father in the mean time, has become even more insane. It has become known that he has guns in his home and so the kingdom hall will have to be locked during meetings. ...

What would the response from Witnesses be if she had refused the transfusions and died?
  • gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

...that she won't suffer anymore, and that it doesn't matter that she died, because we will all see her in Paradise!

Sick, Sick, Sick

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses had their way, 99% of the human race would be dead immediately because THEY disagree with the Watchtower.

>Sound like the Holocaust or the Inquisition? <

Just pass it along to Bulgaria, France, Greece, Russia, etc etc...

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    Sound like the Holocaust or the Inquisition? If people didn't agree with the Catholic Church in those days they were tortured

-A standard coaching line from the WTS. Of course the WTS does nothing that could be considered to be "torture" for those that disagree with them. And just how honest are they being with their own members about their own concerns and doubts over their own policy?

The father got some sleizebag lawyer.
    -No one really cares for lawyers, but you have to like that line. All lawyers are sleazebags when compared to WTS lawyers who are beacons championing truth and freedom everywhere...gag.

The father in the mean time, has become even more insane. It has become known that he has guns in his home and so the kingdom hall will have to be locked during meetings
    -This is a real cheap shot. As usual they trash an individual's character when they disagree with the WTS and often turn them into monsters. The gossip and paranoia must be unreal in this congregation.

Path

• Scully
    Scully

As a medical professional, I seriously doubt the girl's "choice" is a truly "informed" one, where she knows ALL the risks and ALL the benefits as presented to her by her oncologist.

I also seriously doubt that she has any idea at the age of 16½, of how to do a valid risk-benefit analysis, which would help her in making an informed choice.

I DO KNOW FOR A FACT, that her "choice" is highly prejudiced - by her WT training - AGAINST the medical profession and FOR the WT's fallacious point of view. I had the same "training" when I was 16½, and didn't have a CLUE either. She has been taught from birth practically, that doctors are not to be trusted and has been MISLED to believe that the WTS would NEVER EVER lie to her!

To call it "torture" is inflammatory and despicable. A baby doesn't understand and can't consent to treatments, but do they call it "torture" every time they take the baby to the paediatrician for its vaccinations?? Do they call it "torture" when they drag the same baby out from door-to-door in sub-zero weather?

Sorry, I'm venting here. This totally pisses me off.

Love, Scully

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I can see the Kirap! article now - "Girl tortured back to life"

Naturally the Borg collective mind has no concern for the individual life that is thrown away to support their delusional fantasies.

Grrrrrrrrrr....

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    The father got some sleizebag lawyer. This whole incident has touched us personally.... The father in the mean time, has become even more insane. It has become known that he has guns in his home and so the kingdom hall will have to be locked during meetings. ...

!!!!!!! What crap!!! Where do they even make this shit up? As soon as someone disagrees with the all high and mighty god WTBTS they are immediately insane wackos with guns. I'd like to bitch-slap this idiot.

From this one postings all other JWs will immediately accept as fact that the father is an insane gun-toting madman.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Follow up response from same forum:

This is terrible. When our 16 year old son was being treated for Cancer they honored his request that no blood transfusions be used when the blood count became low from the chemo therapy. They honored his wishes and these doctors should do the same. Until his dying day they honored his wishes and I thanked them over and over for honoring his God Given Right to decline the use of a blood transfusion. We were very fortunate to have wonderful doctors that treated the person and their wishes rather than treating the disease. I thank even today Jehovah for this for our son.
    No more! I cannot stand the thought that the Watchtower has this much power over people’s lives. This cult must be stopped. Not only is the Watchtower guilt of the death of many innocent people, they are responsible for dividing families and destroying the lives of all who associate with them. I have never been a Witness, but 7 years after my ex-wife’s brief indoctrination into the Borg, I still can not accept the fact that so many allow the organization to exert so much control over their lives. What can be done to stop the insanity?
  • dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Pseudo: just keep doing what you're doing.

Hugs,

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow, helping a person become healthy is now considered torture equal to the holocaust.

Those JWs are seriously screwed in the head.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit