A terrible lie?

by molybdenum 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I wrote this poem a while back but with recent developments ( noo light ) I felt it was even more appropriate.

When I was a kid, it was all very clear

Armageddon is soon, the end so near.

You will not grow old, nor will you die,

Was it all a terrible lie?

You don't need a good job nor a career

Just preach preach preach and pioneer,

No marriage, no job, and no kids

These were the words by which I lived

Just take the message from door to door

It doesn't matter if you're really poor

Just take the message, it's what matters

Don't worry if your life is in tatters.

The Governing Body,they know best.

They work hard and never rest.

They tell us the truth, it's straight from Jehovah

That went through my mind, over and over.

Time has passed, and now I'm old

But I did as I was told.

Now I am poor and have much grey hair

But no money, no pension, is it fair?

What do I do now? I am so confused

My faith is weak and I have no clues.

I still take the message from door to door

But now I wonder, what 's it all for?

When I was a kid it was all very clear

Armageddon is soon, the end so near.

You will not grow old, nor will you die,

Was it all a terrible lie?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Well, it's hardly Homer, but well enough said!

Some folks wake up to the truth suddenly, and others just realize it with age. Don't give up on Christianity, though. You can still believe in Christ and read the scriptures. Just start with a fresh sheet of paper, keep you spiritual eyes and ears open and don't give in to discontent and atheism. I'd rather someone remain a believing JW than to reject religion. True believers may be hard-headed and difficult, but they're probably happier than those who no long have a cause to champion.

Just my two cents.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

thank you for sharing

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Good Poem! Worth a BTTT (Back to the Topics)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I thought it was a very good poem. I am bring it bttt

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Cold Steel: "... keep you spiritual eyes and ears open and don't give in to discontent and atheism."

Why do you consider atheism as something one "gives in to"? Do you think that all atheists become atheists because they're discontent with religion? Can you think of any other reasons one might become an atheist?

Cold Steel: "I'd rather someone remain a believing JW than to reject religion."

Nearly every exdub on this site has told a horror story of their experience with the WTS and JWs. They have been, and some are still being, brutalized by its heartless doctrines, unloving fellow dubs, needless guilt, and shunning by their own families. Recommending that someone stay a dub just so they can be "religious" is like telling a battered woman to stay with her husband because marriage is great institution.

Cold Steel: "True believers may be hard-headed and difficult, but they're probably happier than those who no long have a cause to champion."

On what do you base your opinion that believers are happier than atheists? What makes you think atheists have no "cause to champion"?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

molybdenum: " Just take the message from door to door

It doesn't matter if you're really poor

Just take the message, it's what matters

Don't worry if your life is in tatters. "

This stanza is what being a dub is all about. The WTS doesn't give a flying leap if your life is circling down the drain because of their outrageous (but Christian!) demands on your life.

Sad but true poem, molyb.

• mP
    mP

Who said Christianity was good ? Its been a source of evil for 2000 years. There is no good christianity.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Cold Steel - "True believers may be hard-headed and difficult, but they're probably happier than those who no long have a cause to champion."

This statement and his username tell me everything I need to know about "Cold Steel".

Cold Steel - "I'd rather someone remain a believing JW than to reject religion."

For the record, I'm way happier being nonreligious than I ever was before, even as a regular, active JW.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeahh Cold-Steel:

True believers are happy making everybody elses life a misery, especially when they decide the thing to do is fly airplanes into sky scrapers.

if you are believing in lies and imaginary friends what kind of fake happiness is that????

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit