I just want to say this forum is a minefeild of mind boggling information of facts and questions that no JW is ever going to receive at a Kingdom Hall

by smiddy 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

I thank you for this site , and all the people who contribute to it with their knowledge and input into it.

Subjects need to be discussed , and different ideas need to be considered , and debated . That is healthy for the mind.

The WTB&TS dictates what their members are to beleive and no questioning is tolerated. That is unhealthy to the mind

If God / Jehovah did create us as individuals with a brain of our own , why in the world dont we use it ? instead of relegating it to 8 men in Brooklyn some 2000 years after Christ ? to tell us what we beleive ? And then continually change scriptual interpretations ? as to their meaning ?

Every individual has a brain , its a pity that many individuals fail to use it , and allow someone else to manipulate them .

smiddy

• designs
    designs

Its the fun of going to a Magic Show, we liked to be dazzeled and amazed even knowing it is all smoke and mirrors.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It seems we humans are wired to need community and a belief system.

Not bad if we can find healthy community and healthy beliefs.

Just sad that so many harmful individuals and groups exist to exploit these human needs to further their own self-serving agenda.

• whathappened
    whathappened

It has been said that all you need to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses is one of those bright yellow highlighters. Use it to highlight the answers that they provide to the questions they ask in the Watchtower publications. No thinking required!!!

• Ding
    Ding

A former MS told me that he attended a meeting of elders and MSs a few years ago.

The CO asked them if they knew how many men were on the GB.

My friend was the only one who knew the answer.

Despite how little they know about them, JWs turn their minds over to them...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I prefer to think of it as a "treasure trove" rather than a minefield. Nevertheless, trolls do stop by from time-to-time to annoy and pester.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I prefer "Treasure trove" or "Gold Mine" of information.

But must agree with you. You will not learn how to think in a Kingdom Hall. You will not learn the truth about and behind 'The Truth' by talking to Jehovah's witnesses.

And there is more than just information here. There is also compassion, insight, and support.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself.)

• Satanus
    Satanus

'It seems we humans are wired to need community and a belief system.

Not bad if we can find healthy community and healthy beliefs.'

Its a vestige from our animal forebears. Can you name any healthy communities to which we can consign our minds?

S

Ps, i can't think of a single one.

• 5go
    5go

Yes and it is glorious isn't it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Lots of good informatives post on this forum, you guys rock with information which is a pleasure to read and think on. Sure beats going to a WT study, were all you learn is crap reheated and pratically force feed. I think the internet has numbered the Watchtower's the days of existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit