I'm still waiting for my JW elder friend who said, I'll get back to you right away.

by John Aquila 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Did the resurrection start in 1918/1919 or the first century?

The WT teaches that the anointed started getting resurrected sometime around 1918/1919. Before that everyone was asleep in the grave, including all the apostles.

Jesus was in heaven preparing a place for them.

(John 14:2, 3) . . .I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be.

But the apostle Paul said he preferred to die (Right Away) and be resurrected instantly to be with Christ.

(Philippians 1:21-24) New World Translation

23 I am under pressure from these two things; but what I do desire is the releasing and the being with Christ, for this, to be sure, is far better. 24 However, for me to remain in the flesh is more necessary on YOUR account.

New International Version says the same thing.

NIV Phillippians 1: 21-24 I am torn between the two:If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body

I asked a JW elder whom I used to serve with to explain this to me. He said he would research and get back to me right away.

It’s going on 6 weeks and I still haven’t heard from him.

And I’m not going to call him either.

Kind of reminds me of another promise.

(Revelation 2:16) . . .I am coming to you quickly

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's the best way to get rid of nosy elders: ask them a question they can't answer or ask them for help with a personal problem.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Oubliette, I don't blame them for this tho. They are usually really, really overwhelmed with their own businesses and families and meetings and committees and writing talks... how can they have time to research the religions ridiculous doctrine in such a way they can prove it to others?

the ones you have to watch out for are the ones who don't have family at home and are unemployed. Way too much time on their hands for poking their noses into other people's business.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good points, Faye!

That's one reason the WT keeps (or tries to keep) everyone so busy, so they won't have time to research or think!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    Posters over the years have suggested to claim financial hardship and see if they are willing to give you a loan/gift. Haven't heard if anyone has ever done this but I imagine its and epic way to get the elders to stay away for quite a while!
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    The same thing happened to my nephew. He kept asking really difficult questions designed to make the elders say things they were not comfortable with. They promised to come back but have not done so. It has been months and months!!!
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I have never found a Jehovah Witness that ever really wanted to have a serious discussion about bible theology. If you have a basic overview of the New Testament and how all the books are tied together and the general jist of the Gods plan for salvation , you will never have another study with a JW.

Now if you want to try and decode copy and paste crap, wild shit from the book of revelations and argue over indefinite articles ………..JW are really good at wasting your time.

I find in a weird way they seem like they are trying to disprove the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit