Does anyone from Norway know?

by slimboyfat 5 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Does anyone from Norway know what is the nearest congregation to Olden?

I tried to figure it out on the JW.ORG website but they don't seem to have a "nearest congregations to" option, which would be really useful.

• kifoy
    kifoy

Olden on the west coast of Norway?

(Comparing Google Maps with the public register) There's a (very small, I think) congregation "Nordfjord menighet" in Nordfjordeid (about 60 km - 1 hour drive - west of Olden). In the vicinity (within 1-2 hours drive from Olden) there are also congregations in Volda/Ørsta (north) and Førde (south-west). Førde is the largest congregation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks I think Nordfjord Menighet was the one I was looking for. How did you get congregation locations to display on a map?

• kifoy
    kifoy

Well, I didn't :)

I know the area a little bit (visiting or driving through on a few occasions), but I just had to check the map to figure out exactly where Olden is, and what's nearby. Distances on the west coast of Norway is not exaclty straightforward :)

Then I searched the public record for congregations. All congregations have to be registered as organizations. I don't know if the records are available from abroad, but they are searchable from here: http://w2.brreg.no/enhet/sok/

And a search for "jehovas" gives you all the congregations in Norway :)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks kifoy, what a lovely country you have there. I met some Witnesses in Olden and I just wondered what congregation they came from. They said it was about an hour away but I didn't catch the name.

I'm glad I seem to have brought you out of lurking status too.

Are there many former Witnesses you know in Norway? I mean, apart from the famous ones.

• kifoy
    kifoy

I see. Well, yes, I have been fading a little bit from the forum, lately :)

I know some former witnesses, but not many :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit