How do the GB do it?

by zound 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zound
    zound

The majority of your standard JWs have no clue as to the topics discussed here - the scandals, lies, coverups etc by the Watchtower Society. Some will know of certain things but dismiss them. Obviously there's the lurkers and faders who know things, but who aren't really JWs.

But the GB, and brothers high up the food chain who know EVERYTHING. Perhaps much more than even we do. How do you get to that level of Cognitive disadence?

Are the GB completely deluded or do they know the truth?

Ray Franz said they're captives of a concept - does that mean they know the truth but don't have the guts to back out now? Or that they have crazy level of cognitive disodence that us lowly folk can only dream about?

They certainly are a strange beast.

• trujw
    trujw

Do Catholics know? Mormans? Scientologist? Amish? They live in a make believe world as I did as a child. I thought it was the "truth" do Muslims that blow themselves up say this is all bull&$@t. They are delusional true believers. Facts and logic don't matter. It is human nature. That is why 90 percent of the world pray to their imaginary friends in the sky it's reality we must learn to deal with it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The higher they are up the food chain, the more lives they have affected and the consequenses of admitting they have made fools of themselves gets greater and greater. The easy way out is just to turn the brain off and ignor anything that makes them look dishonest and just another sucker for a failed doomsday cult.

• clarity
    clarity

Well I would say that the GB are always covering their

arses by printing/talks with'damage control' information.

They look ahead at their failures & wrong doctrine, and

start a cover-up.

They train their flock, by brainwashing beforehand, to accept

anything they say.

They plan this information...usually in the watchtower, months

ahead of being released. They plan deceit!

They know very well what they are doing!

They blackmail the flock, into accepting their words, by

the most heinous of punishments...that of SHUNNING!

An article in an earlier watchtower discusses how effective ISOLATION

is. They know!

Still looking for that article ...I will find it but ...anyone?

clarity

• *lost*
    *lost*

The higher up you go ... the better the lifestyle. One rule for the elite, another for the peasants.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Ray Franz, as a former member of the GB himself, explained in quite some depth how the GB can be what they are.

They're just captives of a concept like all the rest, but perhaps with a greater personal vested need to perpetuate that concept. Most of them will have their pet theories and doubts like every other JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit