May 05, 2013 Study Watchtower

by piztjw 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• piztjw
    piztjw

So I see that the study article today once again is loaded with conDAMNation for the rank and file. If one is wronged by a jw then it is their own fault, not the offender, and the one offended is lacking love for God.

What is a minor sin? Any sin is dealt with by the imperfect human judges with harshness and a degree of rigidity that would make steel seem soft by comparison. And is the mention, again, of David showing "weakness" an excuse for the elders? If adultery and murder are merely "weaknesses" just what the hell is a major sin?

And of course one cannot let poor health, or advancing years be a reason to not willingly submit to the "carrot and stick" stories of the ruling class in New York.

Mention had to be made also of injustices some suffer at the hands of "loving" fellow jw's. We are reminded again that those injustices are only perceived, not real. And that serving the congregation is the most important thing. not the fact that we were screwed over by some brown nosing elder wannabe. Injustices are only in our imagination and simply a misunderstanding on our part. After all the elders and MS are incapable of doing anything wrong or unkind.

And lest we forget while we are not allowed to let anyone else stumble us (that indicates we don't love God) we must at the same time always tow the company line so we don't stumble someone else. They can stumble and it's our fault, but if they stumble us it's....OUR FAULT?

Such and encouraging article, loaded with conDAMNation for anyone not in the good ol' boys club!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Yes, I saw the same thing.

I also saw, under the topic of "desires of the flesh" the example used was of a person who actually GAVE IN to his desires. This isn't such a bad thing since the article is about getting up after getting stumbled, but it was right after an entire paragraph about throwing away anything that might stumble us. Apparently, this person did NOT do so. I was confused... was this supposed to be a good example or a bad example?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are some of the sins Tyrant David got a pass for doing:

**Adultery. And that thing was sorry that it got caught, after slaughtering an innocent person to hide it. One person dead.

**Taking an illegal census.

**Mishandling the Ark.

**The widest variety of hate crimes I have ever seen accounts of, aside joke-hova itself. Never an outsider that Tyrant David didn't hate enough to want dead.

And those were just the ones that are blatant in the LIE-ble. In fact, the many hate crimes were not even thought of as sins, but the LIE-ble calls them "acts of righteousness"! And Tyrant David's relationship with Jonathan--could that be veiled homosexuality, which was against the law that Tyrant David was bound to? Remember, Tyrant David could do no wrong in the eyes of joke-hova, even when it screwed up badly. Joke-hova is the biggest homophobe known. I wonder what else Tyrant David got a pass for doing that anyone else would have been slaughtered for.

And yet, any of us that do something that offends another is committing a "major" sin? I do not advocate smoking because it is a waste of money and ruins your health--yet, is doing this worse than showing blanket hatred for everyone outside your own nationality? Tyrant David was forgiven, and even exalted, for such gross hatred--yet, you smoke a single cigarette and don't show "repentance" before Brother Hounder, and you are damned? And what about eating a damn cupcake at a birthday party? Or bringing home a toy sorcerer? They are going to die for such "sins", yet Tyrant David was given a free pass to steal land from foreigners, slaughter every Gentile it could get its hands on, and even screw up several major times within its own nation? Or, going on a prom? How is that worse than adultery with murder? I wonder how often someone ends up getting murdered as a result of proms, even when fornication results.

I think it's high time for the washtowel to either own up to being fully Zionist and on Tyrant David's side wholly (and stop pretending to be all Christian), or to quit exalting Tyrant David for such blatant hate crimes (plus quite a few major crimes against its own people) while bashing common people for eating a lousy cupcake, smoking a damn cigarette, masturbating, or listening to a Christmas carol. Hypocrisy always makes a hate situation worse--and claiming to be Christian while exalting Tyrant David (even more than Christ, who they claim to be honoring) is being hypocritical. At least I claim no affiliation to either Tyrant David or Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit