The Governing Body fits perfectly the Evil Slave of Matthew 24:48

by matt2414 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• matt2414
    matt2414

48 “But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’”

How has the wicked Governing Body said “my master is staying away a long time”? By repeatedly declaring that the end will come soon, even though years, decades and now over a century have passed with no end in sight. When 1914 failed to come true, then it moved the date to 1925, then 1932, 1935, 1975, 1986, among other dates. In 1918, “Judge” Rutherford gave the talk, “Millions Now Living Will Never Die.” But by 1997, the Watchtower said that view was merely “over optimism.” Its “generation that will not pass away until all these things have occurred” doctrine has repeatedly been changed as the generation who saw the events of 1914 has completely vanished from the face of the earth.

“ 49 … and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards”

How does the Governing Body beat its fellow slaves? By disfellowshipping anyone who cannot stomach the poisoned “food” it dispenses. It verbally abuses and ostracizes anyone who refuses to go along with its twisted, self-serving teachings. Instead of serving food to others, it gluttonously eats, getting fat on the valuable material things of those who look to it for spiritual sustenance. And instead of clear thinking, it displays signs of drunkenness with it delusional teachings and freedom-robbing mandates.

50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of.

The Governing Body or as it refers to itself, “the faithful and discreet slave,” has made it abundantly clear for the past one hundred years that it does not know the day or hour of the Lord’s return. In fact, the Governing Body is the last place anyone should turn to learn about God and his word the Bible.

• irondork
    irondork
    “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ and should start to beat his fellow slaves...

I wonder if the GB thinks the reason for the delay in the arrival of the GT is because the preaching work has not been completed to God's satisfaction. Could this be why they keep cracking the whip on the rank and file to do more, more, MORE!?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm not sure about being 'the evil slave,' but they certainly do seem to fit the bill of ones proclaiming 'The time is near' that Jesus warned not to go after:

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Well, rather them than me. I have said this before and I say it again:

"Recently, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has claimed the title “faithful and discreet slave” for themselves. This is a serious matter. When Jesus, as the master, returns and finds his slave to be faithful, he will appoint him over all his belongings. But when he arrives, and finds him beating his fellow slaves while imbibing with confirmed drunkards, he will be severely punished (Matt. 24:45-51; Luk. 12:41-48; cf. Rev. 18:3). In fact, he will be sentenced to death (Rev. 13:16 , 17; 14:9-12; 15:2; 16:2; 17:8; cf. 14:1, 4, 5)."

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

I think its rather interesting that the food provided by the GB/fds/evil slave after having provided it as good, fine food at the proper time, they then come back and say, oops we gave you the decorative plastic fruit that decorates the table. It looked real, felt real, but alas we gave it to you by mistake. I'm sure you thought it looked like and felt like real fruit, you did eat it after all, and you didn't dwell on how it tasted or how sick it made you. This time though, we got it straight, here's the real food at the proper time. Only to come back a short time later and say oops, we were confused again, that damn wax looks so convincing. All the while our insides are unable to digest it, there's no nourishment, and we are literally getting sick and throwing it up. How sad to continue eating from that source, truly a dog returning to his vomit!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Recently I introduced a short blog article detailing how Watchtower’s Governing Body matches up perfectly with the biblical depiction of the “evil slave”.

The intro is found here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250828/1/Evil-Slave

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit