Trying to establish the demographic trends of congregations. Wanting counters please. Big brother needs you.

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm just curious? Since I have become aware that witnesses are getting older and that the youth is leaving (well in western lands anyway), I have started doing counts by age group of the people sitting in the hall. Generally in the hall that I attend I have found that 2/3 are 40 and over while 1/3 is 40 and under. Also notably in the 18-25 year old bracket is around 7% of total attenders. BTW I live in a western country. So for those of us who still go to the meetings, I am asking if you could do a count by age group and post it back on here. What I would also like to know is, if you live in a 1st world/developing/3rd world country, as I'm guessing that the congregations in 3rd world countries would show a lot more younger membership.

Im not totally convinced that the reason witnesses are getting older is totally the WTS fault either, as in the USA and other countries the population is ageing, and also youth in general are turning away from religion. So I'm guessing this phenominum could perhaps be seen in other religions, e.g how many youths do you see walking out of the Catholic Church. I will admit that compared to other churches the WTS has under performed in trying to retain its youth. So please get counting as I like to see the numbers, and to see how the composition changes from one land to another. Thank you.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

If you're fading/active, I would recommend not giving any specifics on how many elderly people there are in your cong.. A specific/large amount either way could be one more clue on your posting record..

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This thread should get very interesting...

I haven't been to a meeting in about 3 years but my congo breakdown was roughly the following:

• Children: 5%
    • Teens: 5%
    • 20-40: 15%
    • 41-64: 55%
    • 65+: 20%

Very telling indeed....

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Quiet one=the figures I have given are very broad. It could be any where.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

quiet one I have sent you a PM

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Pm replied to :)

• finally awake
    finally awake

The hall I used to attend had roughly 45 in attendance at meetings. The age groups seemed to be pretty evenly split, with the noteable exception of absolutely no one between the ages of 18 and 30. It seems that the minute the kids get old enough to move away, they are gone.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I haven't gone in a few years to anything, but there were lots of singles, very few conventional families, many mentally unstable. The conventions were a sea of grey hair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit