Avoiding the subject

by dissonance_resolved 5 Replies latest jw friends

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

So as I progress in my fade, I've started to notice a curious phenomenon. Just when I think this will be the missed meeting/ field service/ assembly that will cause all heck to break to loose- NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING. This includes immediate family and extended family in the same congregation. When the see me, it's like nothing unusual ever happened. I just wonder if maybe we are more paranoid than we need to be. If I could just slip away with no bother, it would be so much better for everyone involved. But of course, the FDS is never going to publish the fact that it's ok to just step out. If they really wanted to keep things together, I.e. keep folks who are no longer believers from hanging out just so they can keep speaking to family, they could just send a letter to all elders and say, if publishers stop reporting field service, offer encouragement and then LEAVE THEM ALONE. My two cents for the lurkers from the writing department.

• zeb
    zeb

paranoid.. no. sensitive yes. caring yes. thinking yes and by dumping on (read shunning) such people the wts keeps control of those who are not these things.

Let us see as you say an edict of "leave them alone" and that will be a stand alone proof of the control they have 'enjoyed' over others was horribly horribly wrong.

and for those who blindly and as i have read most cruelly shunned will have to eat big amounts of humble pie and as in the days of Ester when the jews were then allowed to arm themselselves to fight back against those who would attack them the shunned ones will nowbe able to dump it back on those who have hurt them so.. if theywish too.

We gave more credence to the faith than it ever deserved as we were sensitive, caring and thinking.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

d.r.: Your allowed to fade quitely if you don't have the resources your family and friends wanted. Most elders and servants are not allowed to fade discretely until they begin to ask the Body tough questions or make themselves of little value or usefulness.

Faders who were infrequent with Meeting attendance are allowed to fade without anyone but a close friend ever checking up on them. The Organizaiton would bend over backwards if you had money, power or skills they needed, otherwise you are cast off like chaff into the fire.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

could be they like you, too, and don't want to rock the boat. Or they just don't care enough to bother, which was true in my case.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

My family have noticed my drop in attendance and are concerned. I am also hounded by my group overseer for sheparding visits. Keep in mind, that I have not met with the group for field circus in many months, so while I call him my group overseer, that term is getting less and less relevant as time passes. He can't keep asking for a sheparding visit forever, but if he does I will tell him to stop asking.

I don't think we are overly paranoid. I know I have had some group overseers in the past that would not attempt making any sheparding visits, so it depends on individuals and circumstances I think. They had me in line as a possible MS so they could load me up with meeting parts. Because I suddenly became inactive they have been trying to find out what has caused the sudden change in attitude.

I wish everyone in my circle would just avoid the subject, it would make fading much easier.

• Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit