Are the society making or losing money?

by joe134cd 1 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In my reading there seems to be two schools of thought.

(1)Watchtower is a multi million dollar corporation. That is making millions of dollars from scamming its members. The examples I site are K.H refurbs, doing houses where there is an insurance cheque under the banner of emergency relief. To a lesser extent (although it wouldn't generate nearly as much revenue as the above 2), getting kick backs from international assemblies, charging car parks when they got it free, society approved motels that are grovels in the middle of no where. I do wonder how they can get away with this under the title of charitable trust, and I do think it is some what unethical.

It is cold and heartless, and will roll anyone who gets in it way e.g menlo park elders. They will chew you up and spit you out e.g career Bethelites who got the axe with no support. They will kick you to the kerb The minute the society knew it would be liable to provide health care it was see you latter to anyone in bethel who's health wasn't the best.

(2)they are loosing money and members at an elarming rate. Although they sincerely believed that jehovah would provide when they went to the donation arrangment , this has proved to be a flop e.g I had a friend who was accounts and magerzine servant and i remember him telling me that he was embarrassed at what he used to send to the society in the way of donations. Because they are loosing money they are asset stripping and cutting back. So hence they had to let people go simply because they couldn't afford to keep them and pay medical. They are trying to survive, although i think they are far from the point of complete financial ruin at this present moment. i think the reason they may be finding it hard now is because of the system that was created at its inception was only meant to last until Armageddon which was just around the corner. Now that hasn't happened its a case of how do we reverse this.

So my question here is. So how can a money hungry heartless corporation at the same time be supplying its products at a loss. To the extent that they are now cutting back and selling up. I believe although they may be asset rich I also think they are cash poor, and what has to be remembered is that this wealth in property was built up over a period of 140 years. Although some say the value is at about 2 billion dollars, I think they could of done a lot better if they had wanted to, and compared to some other religions run more along the lines of a business model they wouldnt be big players e.g jimmy swagart / LDS. i tend to go with option 2 myself. But hey I wanna hear what you say.

• zeb
    zeb

I think you have it in one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit