Cor. 13 one of the most meaningful passages...

by butalbee 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• butalbee
    butalbee

1 CORINTH..13
    1: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
    2: And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
    3: If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    4: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;
    5: it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
    6: it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.
    7: Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    8: Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
    9: For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;
    10: but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.
    11: When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
    12: For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.
    13: So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

This is an intriguing passage and well worthy of our time and study. But I fail to see where anal sex fits into this. I shall ponder this further anon.

• COMF
    COMF

ROFLMAO!

Dude, you really are a riot. I hope you're putting that razor wit to use somehow, writing editorial articles or sitcom scripts.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Um, hello, wise ass, thank you for your input.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Well, you mentioned an "ass", and "input" That's a start. I want you to write "ass" out a hundred times and put it on my desk in the morning. We'll progress from there.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Wow. THe bible is beautiful in any language :)

• butalbee
    butalbee

OMG!

• hoo
    hoo

butalbee,

1 Cor. 13 is my favourite. BUT very few practices them now. Thank You for reminding me the scriptures. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
    Hoo of Malaysia

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

butalbee
    nice post

neab.......

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

Buta.
    You are to be criticized no matter what you post.If you post about explicit sex you are criticized, if you post about the Bible you are reminded about explicit sex.
    You cant win tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit