Using JW preaching tips to speak the news about TTATT?

by El_Guapo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

So a buddy of mine called me out of the blue and said that he was in town and wanted to do Lunch on Saturday. (He has no idea that I am inactive) He left bethel last Sept. and lives about 80 miles away. He's currently serving as an MS. As we are eating our lunch he asks me if I have read the July 15th WT. I said yes, he asks what I think about it. I said I not sure how I feel, but there are a lot of changes that's for sure. I was dying to spread the news of TTATT, but I had to rein myself in. Just like when you are preaching to someone giving them too much info. at once can turn them off, so I invited him to think. I asked him what about you, what do you thing about the 07/15 WT? He said the org. is tightening things up for sure, but that's what we need with the great trib. right around the corner. I said, ok but are these changes more loving and understanding for the friends? Then, I brought out the big guns: Congregation camping trips during the late 80's/early 90's. I said remember how fun those were? The whole cong. would have a good time and you could feel the love, right? He talked for about 5-8 mins. about the good times camping and the cong is different now. I said if the great trib. is right around the corner, should the cong. be even MORE loving than in the 80's. He agreed. To wrap up the convo. I said can I read an uplifiting/encouraging scripture? he said yeah! I grabbed my bible from the car and we read Matthew 11:30

He said this is SO true, things should be getting more loving not tighening the grip on the friends.

We said goodbye and he texted me on Sun. saying thanks for the encouragement.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Well played. It's soooo hard not to say more that's for sure!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Very good way to make someone think .

• JWOP
    JWOP

Nice way of handling things! And you're absolutely right -- giving too much information at once will kill any chance you have. Let us know how things progress!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Well done! You showed great restraint, and hopefully you will sometime soon again have the opportunity to "witness" to him.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Nicely done. If the religion really became more loving, everyone of us here would be extolling its virtues rather than renouncing its hypocrisy and abuse.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sounds like you both enjoyed your visit. Maybe he will seek you out again for more discussion.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Encouraging, positive, and awesome post El_Guapo to spread TTATT without causing any backlash for you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers. There are alot of "good-hearted" Dubs. These changes will make most think 1 of 2 ways: 1.) This Jah's light is getting brigher and brighter. 2.) Things are getting more strict, why??? "Man, it's getting tougher and tougher to be a dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit