Interested in Any Sort of Activism-This Book May Be Useful to You

by Band on the Run 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was reliving my student radical days my reading a book that was first published in the 1970s. It is considered a classic organizing text. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama were heavily influenced by this book. The author was a major labor and community organizer who distilled rules. It never occurred to me that there might be any link to current life and then last night I realized that the lessons are timeless. Alinsky writes as a leftist radical and mentions much 1960s history but the basic rules apply to any siutation, even conservative causes. His examples may only resonate with those who lived during the 1960s but I think he explains enough for a read by much younger people.

Sorry I don't think I know how to link with this browser. The book is Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. It is not dated and much of what he says could apply to current forum interests. You only have to use your own filter if you disagree with the specifics.

It never ceases to amaze me how I am convinced I have such disparate interests and then something will happen to show me how they are related.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

sounds like a good book, Botr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit