GATED COMMUNITIES IN PUERTO RICO: ACCESS CODES and REMOTES must be provided to the WATCHTOWER CORPORATION by APRIL 23, 2013...

by Calebs Airplane 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NCO
    NCO

That is absolutely insane. The WTS is not thinking things through and considering the effects that this decision in their favor could have. If I wanted to run a burglary crew, first thing I'd do even without this court case would be to disguise ourselves as JW's. Suits and ties, appropriate grooming, bookbags with JW literature, and a few hours briefing on how to turn a cop stop into trying to start a bible study with him. Not like there's much of a chance on running into a JW cop who would see through the facade.

• moshe
    moshe

They just put up a locked gate across the street- saw it for myself.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I will bet that within a month, the body corporate of these communities will change all the codes now and then just to piss off the JWs...then later reset them so that when the authories come to check...all is 'as it should be'

Oz

• carla
    carla

There is an easy fix for these communities, simply have the entire community send in the cease & desist letter. You have to send it once a year though as the wt only considers it good for one year. You also must send it to NY or the equivalent in Puerto Rico (?) because most kh's do not have mailboxes, at least in the US they don't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name

Address

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, Ny 11201-2483

NOTICE TO 'CEASE AND DESIST' ALL VISITS

Dear Sirs,

Please notify all members of your congregation that consent, implied or otherwise, to visit my property at the address stated above for any purpose relating

to the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been revoked.

I will consider any future visits to be an act of willful trespass and may prosecute to the full extent of the law, civil or criminal.

You must not visit on the pretense of 'updating records'. Check the electoral roll for up to date ownership information.

Notice has also been served to my local congregation located in the area of ________________________________________________________.

I shall hold you both severally and jointly liable for any infratction of this notice to 'cease and desist'.

You have been warned!

Respectfully,

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

All american courts are a sham

What's the point you are trying to make? The appeals court doesn't give a shit about JWs. There is no political or financial incentive for the decision. The most likely reason for the decision is that they are trying to apply the constitution to a difficult case. Why is it a sham just because they reached an arguably poor decision that you don't agree with?

• finally awake
    finally awake

I don't understand how the court came to the decision that a private homeowners association cannot bar access to non-residents. Will the courts now force the gated communities to allow the KKK to hold a parade through the streets? Or allow sightseers to cruise around gawking at the fancy houses?

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

I don't understand how the court came to the decision that a private homeowners association cannot bar access to non-residents.

Perhaps Caleb's Airplane can elaborate more, but evidently gated communities in Puerto Rico are different from what mainland Americans would picture as gated communities, and in fact are not just private homeowner's associations.

Rather than being private developments like a homeowners association that restrict access to private property, Puerto Rico allows neighborhoods to control access to the entire neighborhood, including public streets if the town votes for a plan of that type. Because they are approved by the local government, it's a public action and legally somewhat different than a gated community on private property. At least that's the basis for the court's decision.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

From today's WT Study, paragraph 12.

12. Since 1919 the valley of divine protection continues to protect true worshippers earth wide. Over the decades, in many parts of the world, there have been bans and restrictions on the field ministry and the Bible literature of Jehovah's Witnesses. Such restrictions still exist in certain lands. Try as they may, however, they will never succeed in stamping out true worship! Jehovah's powerful arm will prove to be with his people.Deut.11:12.

This ruling reminds me of Fred Phelps and his church's legal right to show up at funerals and protest. Yeah, they're not wanted, but their rights to protest directly outside the funeral cannot be infringed upon. Same with JWs who believe that pure worship mandates field ministry and distributing WT literature, even in gated communities. Ain't freedom grand. Queue Lee Greenwood's song now.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"...violates their constitutional rights because it affects their right to free expression, their faith..."

Interesting. Aren't these the same rights within the Organization that the WT is constantly suppressing ?

The WT has always fought so hard for its own "rights" while at the same time denying those hard fought-for freedoms to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They have to protect the rights of pedos "in good standing" to go into any neighbourhood and meet the children....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit