Some friday morning reflections

by Gorbatchov 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Just reading all the AAWA related topics this morning and it makes me really sad. I'm not related to AAWA, just a fader in Western Europe and a longtime member of H2O and later on JWD.

It makes me sad to see what's the Legacy of the Watchtower Society religion: KGB style betrayal of family members, making screenshots of facebook group members, just to betray their christian brother and sister to the elders, to interrogate them, try to confess their faults and correct them aggressively. This behaviour places our religion definitly at the dark pages of history.

It makes me sad to see that some group of good peope, forming an association, then some things going wrong with the important and sacred topic named privacy. I can't believe it was their initial intention to release the names of others. Please take the opportunity to learn from this case. If some thing is going very wrong, learn from it, adjust policy and say sorry to the one you hurt. And go on with the things you stand for.

What I see is that when we fade away from our JW believe system, we have to grow to independence and autonomy. Have to stop thinking of being a part of any group. Learn to do the thing we personaly stand for. And try to learn from our personal faults.

So, it's my opinion that when our fellow witnesses point their finger on "Apostates", I can answer that "Apostates" do not exist. What exist is persons being part of mankind, having the freedom to chose the path we want to take in live. And make the best of it.

Gorby

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

gorbachov

• Pickler
    Pickler

nicely said Gorby

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Couldnt have said it better!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Gorby - I'm keeping out of the AAWA threads. I am pretty bored with them right now.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

well said Gorby. Personally after been within the bonds of a organization for 40 years, "having the freedom to chose the path I want to take" as you say, is very important to me. The thought of being associated with any group is not appealing.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Best post on the subject yet Gorby.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Agree with you. The only thing I feel responsible for is participating in "the service" during 15-20 years. I wich I could go back to every one i have had i "study" with and take back all of what I have learned these people. But I guess that every one must have the right to make his own choice how idiotic it ever seems to be?

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit