Doesn't Matt. 24:45-47 prove that the Governing Body is NOT the "faithful and discreet slave"?

by matt2414 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• matt2414
    matt2414
    "The timely spiritual food we receive is proof that Jesus, the Head of the congregation, is keeping his promise to feed us. Through whom is he doing so? When giving the sign of his presence, Jesus said that he would use “the faithful and discreet slave” to give “food at the proper time” to his domestics.[1] (Read Matthew 24:45-47.) That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. -- WT July 15, 2013, page 20, par. 2

The July 15 Watchtower says the "faithful and discreet slave" provides "timely spiritual food." But the same Watchtower admits that the Governing Body has been dispensing much misinformation about the various aspects of the Matthew 24 prophesy since the early 1900s. So doesn't this really prove that the Governing Body is NOT the faithful and discreet slave because it has provided so much spiritual garbage throughout much of the 20th century until now, including this Watchtower? Didn't they even encourage disfellowshipping anyone who disagreed with such lies? Since they have been declaring we are living in the "time of the end" for over a hundred years, wouldn't that have been the "proper time" to have been providing God's people nourishing spiritual food?

It boggles my mind how the GB can twist the scriptures to make it look like they are God's representatives after all the Satan-inspired drivel they've been spewing for so long.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The GB is the "evil slave." The returned Jesus Christ is the true FDS whom Jehovah appoints over all his belongings. In other words, the FDS is moi.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

... and here was me thinking it was Don Burney. I guess Mad Mary was lying.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's interesting watching the various reactions JWs have when suddenly finding themselves having to defend documented WT drivel that they denied existed a few seconds earlier. If I can get the 'stunned mullet' look, I feel I've done my job.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so apprently, it's not the proper time. Can't force Armegeddon with Watchtowers articles

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why does it matter? Do people believe that because Jesus appointed them that it means something? Why does that make it special?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit