More fun with Doublets and Contradictions in Exodus

by srd 2 Replies latest jw friends

• srd
    srd

Hey all. Thanks for your support. I know I've seen many of you over at my site. Well, we're in to Exodus 4-7 now. I just posted contradiction #103 with a brief summary of the doublets we've already looked at in Exodus. I will be starting the doblets and contradictions in the Plague narrative, and the the crossing of the Red or Reed sea. Here's a teaser: how is the sea parted? There are 2, well actually 3, right responses here. Can you find them all?

contradictionsinthebible.com

• Kaltas1
    Kaltas1

Good points here srd. Its a good thing to understand the documentary hypothesis some, it has helped me actually have more faith in the way it resolves many of the contradictions in the bible. especially the torah.

It was also a very popular topic among scholars in the 20th century. Its almost essential to me for deep biblical study to acknowledge that many of these accounts likely had multiple sources.

I'm new here and happy to see some deep thinkers who aren't just consumed with anger from their experience with the WT

• srd
    srd

Thanks. If you're interested I just picked up a book this weekend, The Composition of the Pentateuch by scholar Joel Baden, 2012. It looks like this is now the most recent book on the DH. Baden seems to be trying to revive, i.e., make more public again, the DH. He does a good job demonstrating it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit