Elder visits

by judi8751 8 Replies latest jw friends

• judi8751
    judi8751

Its been 4.5 years since I faded, how likely is it that I will get a 'visit' from the Elders dont know why but it seems to be on my mind lately like I am having a premonition lol.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Depends on the size of the cong and the free time that the elders have. If the cong is large, then it is more difficult for the elders to visit everyone. If the elders are few, then it is less likely to be visited. Especially if the elders are not zealous for the shepherding work, then it becomes most unlikely a visit will take place. Given the time of over 4 years without a visit, it is unlikely that the elders will give you a visit.

• judi8751
    judi8751

Thanx for that Straightshooter , am probably just being paranoid or something, just when I thought I couldnt give a monkeys these dark scary thoughts come back to haunt me even though I have moved on in my life

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

these dark scary thoughts come back to haunt me even though I have moved on in my life

It's a difficult cult to totally break free of.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Also depends if you still live in the same area where you "faded" from. As long as you do, there is a much greater chance they might come a callin'.

But if they haven't bothered in nearly five years, they are pretty lazy/busy.

Not that you have to think about it every day, but having a prepared statement for them is best. Something like "I'm doing great. Thanks for calling/stopping by. I'll call you if I need anything. Have a good day" (Slams door, lol)

• judi8751
    judi8751

So true, you dont really realise how much it has been ingrained and how the cult mentally took over your life till you out of it, am reminding of all the guilt trips when I see JWs who were former 'friends'. But also I was married to a JW emotional & financial abuser for 12 years that takes its toll, think he still in it

• judi8751
    judi8751

Nice one LostGeneration lol.....will defo use that if it comes to it

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

I've been "fading" for 34 years and am still waiting for the elders to call.

The feelings of being pursued will fade in time.

• judi8751
    judi8751

I just dont want to be D'fed or anything, I feel like its up to me when am ready to disassociate if thats what I want, why should they come round here and decide stuff for me anymore. I know many prefer to publically break times and I understand that totally, but I feel like I made a vow with a publishing company lol so they dont have a right to D'fed me at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit