Can you do me a favor?

by Marvin Shilmer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Today I added a translation feature to my blog page. It would be very helpful if readers of various languages could take a look at this feature and let me know whether it helps or not.

What I need is some idea of how well the translator works and whether the translation renders the essence of the English.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Readers can reach one of my index pages at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2010/09/wtsblooddoctrine.html

That page and any one of the indexed and linked articles should be good testing ground for this evaluation.

The translator option should show on the left with a drop-down box where you can choose a language.

Hopefully I’ll get lots of feedback from readers of various languages, even if it’s not your first language. Just a cursory look is all I need.

Thanks in advance!

Marvin Shilmer

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I had a look at it.

Well, it's almost possible to understand and read. At least if you have some JW/WT background.

I hope my english writing is not that bad, but I have probably made a fool of myself some times at this forum!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Dismissing servant,

Thanks for you kind feedback.

What language (or languages) did you translate to for review?

The primary language translation I’m concerned about is Spanish.

Second tier concerns are French and Russian.

Marvin Shilmer

• likeabird
    likeabird

The translation tool is pretty decent, I've used it before when looking up stuff in other languages.

My only advice to you, to minimise translation errors, would be to make sure you write articles in clear simple English, short sentences, where possible. (Not like this one ;-)

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I checked out the scandianvian! I can have a look at the french if you want me to, but that would be a bit later this evening.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I had a short check at the french translation. As far as I see it it is way better translated than the scandinavian ones. Just some sentence was a bit "tricky" to underdstand.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I checked the Italian. the program translates the words literally. It does not follow the language structure. Phrases are all a jumble. Not a good translation in my opinion.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It’s really appreciated.

For now I’m going to leave the tool and we’ll see what happens.

Thanks again!

Marvin Shilmer

• Borges
    Borges

The german translation is awful. Not even one correct sentence. Almost impossible to understand anything, even if you have a jw background. And no fun reading it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit