July 15th, 2013 Watchtower is available NOW on jw.org

by sd-7 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Rather surprised--this is quite early. Usually it's not out until the 15th of the month. One thing I noticed, which all the hubbub about all the other articles seems to have overshadowed, was on page 26, a brief article about Mark Sanderson, the newest member of the Governing Body.

Sounds like he was on the career path of a company man. What I found noteworthy, which probably shouldn't be, was the sentence, "Brother Sanderson was raised in San Diego, California, U.S.A., by his Christian parents and was baptized on February 9, 1975."

First I note the term "Christian parents". It occurred to me, as Blondie often wisely points out, that they clearly mean "JW parents", and that "Christian" is a loaded language term, that would mean "Christian" to outsiders and "JW" to insiders, as JWs consider themselves the only Christians. How weird is that, a simple term like "Christian" doesn't even mean Christian?

Secondly, I note that he was baptized in 1975. So he survived the Great Disappointment of 1975 and the Great Purge of the early '80s. Also, he was baptized 40 years after the old cut-off date for anointed ones, 1935. So then...how did he become anointed when he would've been looked upon as 'mentally unstable' or questionable up until the year 2007, when the 1935 cutoff date was removed? Hey, never mind. That never happened, since 1935 never existed as a cutoff date, in line with doublethink, and there has always been room for more anointed ones.

Also, there's a new picture of the new and improved 8-Man Channel of Commmunication, The Faithful and Discreet Slave, The Masters of Our Faith and Future Rulers of Earth, THE GOVERNING BODY!!!! But...I guess I'll leave it to better men to post the photo itself, if they so desire.

So...guess I'll put on an apron, grab my knife and fork, and chow down on this deep, spiritual food they have so lovingly, painstakingly, 5.28-out-of-8-votes-ingly provided...and discuss it in more detail later if time allows.

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oops, looks like a certain confusedteenager already did a thread on this. Sorry! I hate the duplicate threads about the same topic, so...well, not hate, just..."love less"? So....guess I could just cut and paste my thoughts onto his thread...

--sd-7

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Let's use this thread to talk about Ninja Scroll instead?

• sd-7
    sd-7

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250277/2/July-15th-Study-Edition-Is-Up

Yeah. Just go to the above link for discussion of that issue.

Ninja Scroll is great, isn't it? What's Ninja Scroll? I know how to make my t-shirt into a Do-It-Yourself Ninja mask, but nothing about Ninja Scroll.

--sd-7

• whathappened
    whathappened

We love you sd-7, dispite your double post and admire your passion.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    We love you sd-7, dispite your double post and admire your passion.

"Love" is a strong word to throw around in a place like this. I think my passion about this WT issue in particular probably got a bit out of control. I should probably make my thoughts more coherent and less in-your-face next time. If a doormat can actually use an 'in-your-face' approach, that is, which seems unlikely 'cause it's kind of a reach...

I'm reading the third study article now...already see the subtlety building. These guys are really clever, I'll give 'em that.

--sd-7

• Listener
    Listener

Your commentary was really good SD 7 and I hope that we get more of your comments.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I wonder if Cedars had anything to do with this early release.

Such major new light to be released first by an apostate website sure had to cause chaos at headquarters.

I can't help but think that they released it early in hopes to prevent some of the inquiring minds learning of it first hand from Cedars' expose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit