Is there a mole in WT headquarters doing the writing too?

by never a jw 9 Replies latest social current

• never a jw
    never a jw

I apologize if a thread for this has been created already. I found the following in the Awake May 2013, Page 13

Earlier, in 607 B.C.E., Babylonian armies razed Jerusalem

and led most of the survivors into exile. How long

would the Jews be held? God said: “When seventy years

have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king

of Babylon and against that nation . . . and I will make it

desolate wastes to time indefinite.”—Jeremiah 25:12.

As mentioned, Cyrus captured Babylon in 539 B.C.E.

Soon thereafter, he released the Jews, who began to arrive

in their homeland in 537 B.C.E.—exactly 70 years after

their deportation. (Ezra 1:1-4) As for Babylon, it eventually

became “desolate wastes”—again confirming the

accuracy of Bible prophecy.

The writer contradicts himself within two paragraphs. Is it 70 years for Babylon (fulfillment in 539 BCE) or is it 70 years of exile (fulfillment in 537 BCE)

The writer could have used the more questionable WT translation of Jer 29:10, but he decided to use the "wrong" verse instead (Jer 25:12).

WHY???

Jeremiah 29:10 For this is what Jehovah has said, ‘In accord with the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon I shall turn my attention to ? YOU ? people, and I will establish toward ? YOU ? my good word in bringing ? YOU ? back to this place.’

• Londo111
    Londo111

Excellent! I hope so.

The writing department has a long history of members learning TTATT.

• moshe
    moshe

When you pay your workers peanuts for wages, what do you expect from them?-

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Another error slips past their 70-point check system...

• Mum
    Mum

Maybe there's an idiot in the Writing Department -- many of them.

• sd-7
    sd-7

How long would the Jews be held?

Uh, guys? After they've been released from captivity, they're no longer being held. So captivity can't continue just because they took awhile to get home. It's a case of bending reality to fit your opinion. What's new? If readers wrote in about this, either they can expect to be referred to the Oct/Nov '11 WT series about Jerusalem's destruction or they can expect a visit from 2-3 elders. So...it gives them a LOT of room for error.

It's not a mole, it's just doublethink.

--sd-7

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

when you build your religion on circular resoning.............. then it gets harder explain things

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I'm sure the GB appointed writer was having a difficult time with cognitive dissonace writtng it. God I would hate to be a writter for this corporation eventually you gotta have all kinds of false loonie information running around in your psyche and because of the amount of cognitive dissonace they feel fighting off doubts as they rub shoulders with a delusional power hungry Governing Body, god that has to be the worst feeling.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Frankie, if you were a person writing for the Nazi propaganda machine, and you believed in the ideology, then easy, but imagine if you really didn't, how would youi feel having to write lies about Jews and others ?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Mr. F or rather Brother F. He may or may not be of British extraction.

On the next Arrested Development… Stephen Lett just loves, loves, loves grape-flavored Kool-aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit