Circuit Assembly Thoughts

by doneandout 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• doneandout
    doneandout

I listened (as much as one does listen to this ****), this is the only point that I call recall from the assembly.

Opening announcement: Brothers, your attention please...

Song: Show honor to our brothers...

Mom to daughter in demo: We need to listen to your father...

There was something about stepping back just like Jesus did, but it doesn't even seem that women even have a choice in this matter. It's no wonder that I see posts by exjw women members that feel like women are considered second class.

(And I didn't burn up making a topic here!)

• Mum
    Mum

Back in the '70's, after an assembly, a very sweet, dear sister told me that what her son (about 5 years old at the time) learned from the assembly was that "Mens is the bosses of womens." In fact, the kid's dad had to give the boy a stern talking-to because the child believed he did not have to obey his mother because she was only a woman.

I was a female JW, and I know very well that I was a second-class citizen, if even that.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I never thought of myself as a less-than, but I was a convert raised by parents who respect and value women. A lot of the born-ins, I noticed, had that mentality, though I never hung with that type.

It used to annoy me that I couldn't do more in the congregation because I wasn't born with a dick. Door to door ministry? No way. I'd've been better doing other things, but I didn't have a dick.

• irondork
    irondork

An example of how absurd this headship thing is...

My folks started homeschooling us kids when I entered into what would have been 8th grade in public school. This allowed me to auxiliary pioneer - service in the morning, school in the afternoon. Oh, how blessed I was.

Fresh out of the baptismal pool from the latest district convention, I showed up for a mid-week meeting for field service at the ripe old age of 14 and was surrounded by a room full of older pioneer sisters who I was now obligated to lead into the field.

INSANE!

I was no cocky kid. I was scared as hell. But I did my duty, having seen how it was done hundreds of times. When it came time to make the car groups, the sisters very lovingly walked me through it and made it so easy for me. I will never forget how kind and gentle they were with me.

The whole situation just reeked of stupidity. Putting a child in charge of that much adult experience over the technicality of... what? Water on the head and now I'm THE MAN?!?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

We have a sister who is married to a DF'ed bro who is working on reinstatement. He sits in on the family study so she wears a hat.

Mental.

• designs
    designs

irondork- great experience lol Leader of the Pack.

Did you read the news article on the Mormon women finally standing up for equal rights, they are demanding to say prayer and wear pants at their worship services. It may sound like baby steps but just finding a voice is a good first step.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit