The Shunning

by lriddle80 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So, I am not DF'd or DA'd at the moment and my family knows I attend a baptist church. Recently my husband and I were asked to give our testimony in our Sunday school class. I mentioned the scripture in

Psalm 27:10: When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up and

Matthew 10:37 - Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

as to encouraging scriptures that help me as my family is lightly shunning me (I am not invited to family gatherings, they barely speak to me). So somehow my mom must have seen the picture of my husband and I giving our testimony on Facebook and she posted a scripture - which, whenever she does post a scripture it is most assuredly aimed at me - it was Ezekiel 38:23 And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations and they will have to know that I am Jehovah.

At first I thought it was either aimed at me, or just a scripture she put on there in response to it being easter and there was so much talk of Jesus. Once I posted the scripture where Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me" and she responded with "Right, to get to Jehovah" and I said "Yes, Jehovah the Father" and she said "Yes, Jehovah God" and I said "Jehovah God...the father" and then said "what in the world" and she "lol"...so for some reason Jesus upsets her if I am not mentioning Jehovah specifically...

But then she messages me and just puts a sad face on it. I wanted so much to respond to that nonsense, but my husband told me to let it go. I think that there is much more shunning to come and God is getting me ready for this battle. Of course, I should just let it go, but, honestly, it is so annoying!!! I know a lot of you have it worse than me, but it is rough, I have to admit! Just wanted to get this out to people that understand!! Thanks!

• Ding
    Ding

so for some reason Jesus upsets her if I am not mentioning Jehovah specifically...

Isn't it interesting that a religion that claims to be the only true Christian faith sees honor given to Jesus as wrong, as if the Son and the Father are in competition with one another?

Yet John 5:22-23 says: "The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him."

• wasblind
    wasblind

So somehow my mom must have seen the picture of my husband and I giving our testimony on Facebook and she posted a scripture - which, whenever she does post a scripture it is most assuredly aimed at me - it was Ezekiel 38:23 And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations and they will have to know that I am Jehovah________Iriddle80

ACTS chapter 19

11 shows where God kept performin' extraordinary works of power through the hands of Paul

13 but there were roving Jews who claimed to cast out demons in the name of the same Jesus that Paul preached

But as they say, the proof was in the puddin'

15 when seven rovin' imitators came upon a real demon , that demon knew they where full of it

and told those imitators " I know Jesus, and I'm aquainted with paul "

16 Wit' that said, the demon whooped those imitators like they stole somethin'

and each and every one of those imitators left that house runnin' butt side naked

17 This became known to both Jews and Greeks in Euphesus. After that

The name of the Lord Jesus became magnified

20 Thus ( By witnessing in Jesus name ) in a mighty way the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing

Satan is pissed off at Jesus . Satan offered Jesus everything and that goody two shoes

refused all the kingdoms of the world

Job may have been put to the test. But the real prize was Jesus, becuase he was the only one who

could save mankind

Yes, Satan is pissed and the last one he wants to give credit to is Jesus

That's why the WTS ( Satan ) tries to overide the authority given to Jesus

and tell folks to be witnesses of Jehovah instead

In reality, the WTS ( Satan ) ain't followin' the commands of Jehovah or Jesus

Matthew 17:5 Jehovah says " This is my son , listen to him

Matthew 28:18 Jesus Says " All authority has been given me in heaven and on earth "

ACTS 1:8 Jesus says " You will be witnesses of me "

The WTS ( Satan ) fool its followers into bein' disobedient to both Jehovah and Jesus

Because Isaiah 43:10 does not overide the authority of the Christ that Jehovah says to listen to

.Whether a person believe in God or not, these scriptures show what the WTS is accordin' to the Bible

• Mum
    Mum

It's fascinating that you say the scripture(s) were "aimed" at you, as if scriptures from the Bible are weapons to shoot you down.

It's good that you are making friends and have a church family to be supportive of you as you make your exit. When I was 15, I left the Baptist Church to become a JW. My Sunday School teacher spent time with me to try to persuade me differently and to explain to me that the JW's were a "false cult" as he called it, But I "knew" too much to listen. I wish I could find him now, to let him know he was right.

It is truly amazing that the Watchtower brainwashes people so thoroughly that the are able to turn off the "natural affection" normal people have for their children. I would love my daughter and still speak to her if she became a spy for Al-Qaeda. No, I would not like what she was doing, and I would let her know it was wrong, but I would not cut her out of my life. If you have children, I'm sure you feel the same way.

After all is said and done, we have to accept people where they are. You understand where your parents, but, sad to say, they don't want to try to understand you. If they won't speak to you, it's best just to let them go. Fighting about it only makes everyone more bitter and angry and polarized. Let them know that you love them and are always there for them, and you understand that they're not "supposed to" speak to you, and you will respect their wishes. Be sure they always have a way to contact you; i.e., keep them apprised or your address, phone #, e-mail, etc.

It's hard, but you can let go and accept what is.

All the best.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Hello Iriddle,

I don’t come to this site much; I get very busy in other things going on in my day to day stuff. But for some reason did, and read your post. I remember feeling exactly the same way you are now. In my case I was raised in that cult since I was a small child. I had sent in a letter telling them I no longer wanted to be a member in August 2001. The only reason why I remember the month was because a month later the Twin Towers in New York was destroyed.

Even though my mother was supposed to shun me, I would get letters and occasional phone calls from her. We never did the texting, the letters were bad enough. She would cut off all contact with me for a year or two, and then one day I would hear from her. We would talk over the phone, and eventually I would let down my guard, thinking that maybe I could have a relationship with her again. But as soon as I would allow my heart to open up again, she would just rip it out again. She would ask me if I am ever going to come back to Jehovah’s Organization AKA The Watchtower. And every time my answer was the same. That was that Jesus was my Lord and Savior, and that I felt that the Watchtower is a false prophet. Another year or so would go by, and then a repeat of the same thing would happen again.

Finally in 2008, I had enough of this mental abuse, and I ended up cutting off all contact with her. I even sent back her letters and anything else she would send me. This was something I had to do for my own mental health and sanity. When your husband said to just let it go, listen to him, and don’t let them pull you down. It took me seven years before I figured that one out. Look at what you have now. The people who are in your life now are the ones who really love and care about you, with no strings attached.

I have a sister who also left the JW a couple years after I did. Just last fall, I had another chance to visit with my mother, but chose not to. My sister on the other hand, did. She told me it was the biggest mistake she ever did. In her case, my sister was physically assaulted by our mother. She ended up bruising my sister’s arm and tearing her blouse that she was wearing, this happened at our Aunt’s funeral.

The best revenge you can ever do against any of them is this. Live a happy and fulfilling life, and to be successful in whatever it is in your life, family, and children. My JW relatives are shocked that my husband and I are still together, in love, and our kids are happy and healthy. My boys are not getting into trouble, and even one of them is going for his Honors Degree in High School. Well talking about my boys, I need to go. I have an appointment with my son’s teacher about the classes he will be taking next year.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Tameria2001

thanks for posting, that is a great success story,I wish you and your family all the best for your futures.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit