AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

When I say "committed" I mean people who are actually legally tied to the organization through its articles of incorporation.

This may help clarify: The Articles of Incorporation for the Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists. (Scroll down to click button under Scanned Documents.) Three directors are listed.

And this topic, from a few months ago, appears to show the germination of the "Modern-Day Truth-Seeking Internet Vigilantes" who make up most of the current officers.

IMHO, it's a fabulous idea whose time has come, but they're shooting themselves in the foot with an Anti-anything name and "vigilantes" would hardly serve any better.

Especially in the U.S. press, and in this post 9/11 era.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

dontplaceliterature

@Lady Lee

What is Cedars actual legal involvement in the group since he is not a board member?

Who said he wasn't a board member. He is the president of the legally incorporated board

Why is he the only one who seems to have control over the name of the group?

He doesn't. Not everyone on the board posts here so you don't see or probably don't know them but their names are on the website.

I like the idea of this group for sure, and I can't imagine all the work and effort that has gone into this, but I am with many here who are concerned about the name. Why are our concerns about this particular matter invalid? No one seems to be answering this question other than what basically amounts to "because I said so," from Cedars.

Didn't I just say we would be talking about it along with the many other ideas so many have put forth? Do I really have to quote myself now? Go back and read it. No where did Cedars say "Because I said so" He knows better than anyone he can't change the name unless th eother board members agree. So far after only 3 days we have been busy with a lot of other things besides the name.

I understand Cedars' comments about the need to stay on course in order to be taken seriously, but the group is only 3 days old. If a name change is a valid consideration, isn't it worth discussing and implementing now?

My error. It has been 3 days since the world has known about the existence of AAWA? Did you go look the website to see the history behind the making of AAWA. Or look at Cedars website for the longer story? If not here you go:

http://www.jwactivists.org

http://jwsurvey.org/news/the-story-of-aawa-an-organization-to-take-on-the-watchtower

• rocketman
    rocketman

OOps, I thought that was you Cedars. Well then, Ethan Hatcher has a cool hat.

As for the cute blond, yes, I figured that was her husband next to her. Well, he married a nice-looking gal.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Well said Cedars and Lady Lee!

I am here to support the cause in any way I can.

Suggestion: How about making another video that shows the personal conviction of ex-JWs in spite of Watchtower's every effort to destroy them. I think the witnesses need to see how happy and normal we are. Each participant can make a brief introduction and relate his/her current state or achievement or send a messege for the loved ones who are confined behind the Wachtower Town.

I love the name, by the way. I am a proud anti-Watchtower activist.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

My mistake on his board membership. I see clearly now that the first member in the list is: "Myself".

I'm glad to hear, based on your insinuation, that the possibility exists for a name change. Again, best wishes to all of you.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I love the concept. When I watched the video I literally cried. Its professional and It feels right. I wish AAWA much success in its mission goals.

As some have expressed, I am not in favor of the name either. The "anti" gives it a very combative tone. Someone mentioned the more softer "The Association of Watchtower Activists".

But I will respect the name and what it stands for. A name can always be changed. Its done all the time. Its only the inception of this organization.

All the best to the amazing protagonists. Thank you for fighting my cause and you are giving many of us a voice .

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

But I will respect the name and what it stands for. A name can always be changed. Its done all the time.

I agree. The name isn't as important as what gets done. That's what's really cool about this new undertaking (VIDIOT's AAWA "bat signal" is also very cool.)

And as far as worrying that the Society or apologists would be laughing up their sleeves if the name were to ever change. . .

. . . . anyone ever notice how many names the Society goes by? Lets see. . . Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, WTBTS of Pennsylvania, Christian Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses. . . . . .. . . . . . ..

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I'd be happy for it to be called the Judean People's Front as long as the Watchtower feels some pain. This is an evolving worthy cause. Great idea, great team, good luck, will support however I can.

mmxiv

• The Quiet One
  • SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

Thank you for all your hard work! This is amazing..will definitely be sending a volunteer form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit