Bible School for Single Brothers

by Eustace 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eustace
    Eustace

I heard through the grapevine that those who graduated the Bible School for Single Brothers around the end of February have already gotten their assignments.

I thought they were usually given assignments only after about a year?

Also while in the past not every graduate of the Bible School for Single Brothers was given an assignment, in this class all were given one.

This smells like a bait and switch to me.

What's going on?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, what was happening is the single brothers went home and all got married. So the Soc. said, "Screw this", "Ship them out to Africa right away".

• Eustace
    Eustace

How are they going to get the single brothers to go along with this bait and switch? Is the brainwashing really that strong?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Most get married shortly after their assignment anyway. Many are coming out of their assignment due to financial hardship.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Is this what they now call the MTS?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It's what they used to call MTS. There is also the Bible School for Couples that replaced Gilead.

• Eustace
    Eustace

Many are coming out of their assignment due to financial hardship.

That's good to hear. I really believe the biggest reason they push people to serve where the need is greater is to seperate them from family, a source of love that's less based on meeting time quotas and such things, and more on who the person is and his or her instrinsic worth.

It's like how abusive husbands try to seperate the abused wife from her family as a way of emotionally and financially weakening her and making her more dependant on the abuser for approval.

The irony is that the sinister intended effect of sending to where the need is greater, weakening the one sent, is the very thing that often stops the arrangement from being sustainable.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Yeah, the last thing you want to do is let these guys cool their heels at home for a year. If they get to walk around for a while with that "Super Premium" label, some sister is gonna snatch them up.

• 88JM
    88JM

The new Bible School for Single Brothers (BSSB) is a bit "stricter" than MTS was.

The entry rules say you have to have been a regular pioneer for at least a year (maybe two) I think. Also, whereas with MTS you might have been sent back to your own congregation before if you were needed there, with the new school you get shipped out straight away as has been stated.

The last meeting for this in our circuit of ~700 people had an attendance of 2 brothers - it was a bizzare meeting with the DO who was so aloof it was very uncomfortable. The CO said that with the new rules, entry numbers had gone way down, but that this was also expected by them when they changed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit