Is Jehovah the Rock of Love?

by Rattigan350 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

And I am not referring to the Brett Michaels show.

Something that has always bothered me was this exchange from Job 1 and no one has explained it properly.

Job 1:9 "Satan answered Jehovah and said: “Is it for nothing that Job has feared God? 10 Have not you yourself put up a hedge about him and about his house and about everything that he has all around? The work of his hands you have blessed, and his livestock itself has spread abroad in the earth. 11"

Jehovah's response to that statement should have been "I put a hedge about him and blessed him because I am the God of love. I do that out of love. Infact I will inspire my future servant John to write that I am love."

Then when Satan said:

"But, for a change, thrust out your hand, please, and touch everything he has [and see] whether he will not curse you to your very face.”

Jehovah's response should have been "For a change nothing. I am the God of Love and do not change. And I am the Rock. Get lost pipsqueek".

When I think of the term Rock. What comes to mind is something strong, solid, not changing or moving and Dwayne Johnson, the Wrestler. If someone came to Dewayne and challeged him, he would just flick him off and say get lost and not worry about some sovereignty issue that it creates.

But instead Jehovah said "“Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only against him himself do not thrust out your hand!” So Satan went out away from the person of Jehovah."

Really?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am just comng to terms with the many characters attributed to God in the bible. Trying to reconcile them is twisted. Give up the idea that the bible is a cohesive work and the concept of God an evolving target, and it makes a lot more sense.

If we changed God to the "moral ideal", we can do our best to live up to that ideation. Perhaps that way we can transcend ourselves.

P.S. Notice also that Job's children and cattle were exchangeable assets. Be cursed by their destruction and then blessed by their replacement. One wonders if Job's wife ever recovered from the upheaval.

• mP
    mP

jgnat

the main theme of the bible is not gods law, but beware of disappointing your masters at the pain of death. The masses should be willing to die for their king so he can get richer or more land. Where in the BIlbe does any of our heroes ever do anything thats not selfish ? Nearly always they want obedience, but its hard to find any examples of them giving to the poor or orphans.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

What jgnat wrote. It is well-known that the OT had many different authors, listed basically as J,E,D & P; and one part of the Bible belongs to the Jews and one to the Christians- and men wrote these verses about God- but was it the same god from beginning to end? Could the Bible really be just a collection of Middle-Eastern myths about a desert god who can be whatever the writer wants him to be? Why would you expect people from 2000- 3000 years ago to know more about 'god' than we do today?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, just to confuse you... here is some paragraphs from-

JEHOVAH UNMASKED!

The True Identity of the Bible-God

Revealed

By Nathaniel J. Merritt

Here is another of the dozens more glaring
    contrasts between the satanic god of the Old Testament,
    and the Most High God whom Jesus came to reveal:
    "Then the king sent unto Elijah a captain of fifty with his
    fifty. And he went up to Elijah: and, behold, he sat on the
    top of a hill. And he spoke unto Elijah, 'Thou man of
    God, the king has said, Come down.' And Elijah answered
    and said to the captain of fifty, 'If I am a man of
    God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume
    thee and thy fifty.' And there came down fire from
    heaven, and consumed him and his fifty." 2 Kings 1:9-10.

Now read what Jesus said about this incident: "And
    when his disciples James and John saw this they said,
    'Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down
    from heaven, and consume them, even as Elijah did?' But
    Jesus turned, and rebuked them, and said, 'Ye know not
    what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come
    to destroy men's lives, but to save them.' " Luke 9:54-55. Obviously,
    Jesus is clearly saying that the spirit behind the
    murders in 2 Kings 1:9-10 were of a different spirit than
    He, for "He came not to destroy men's lives, but to save
    them." Clearly, this other spirit, the one that murdered at
    Elijah's request, is not the Most High God. It's someone
    else entirely. In closing, John the Baptist spoke these
    words to the Jews of his day, people who believed in Jehovah:
    "No one has ever seen God." (John 1:18) Yet the
    OT claims that Moses did see Jehovah "face to face!" (Exodus
    33:11) Jesus told us that John the Baptist spoke the
    Truth (John 5: 32-33). I conclude that John and Jesus tell
    me the Truth. No one has ever seen God Most High, but
    Moses did see Jehovah "face to face." Ergo, Jehovah is not
    the Most High God!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Your comparing God to WWF legend Dwayne Johnson? WTF...how old are you?

Jehovah with his arch-angels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit