HOW GOD GETS MESSAGE TO WATCHTOWER LEADERSHIP

by Liberty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Liberty
    Liberty

Just how do the 144,000 co-rule the earthly organization with Christ? I started thinking about this subject again after seeing the post on the Watchtower as a false prophet. Do any of you remember how this was explained in the old days (I've been out so long I don't know if this is now "old light")? As I recall, the Society said that the living members of the 144,000 had the mysterious ability to pick up on what Jesus and God were thinking and then they somehow transferred this information to Watchtower Headquarters for dispersal to the rank & file JWs. The explaination was always very foggy and after reading Crises of Conscience I can see why.

Even Ray Franz was shocked to discover that the 144,000 really had no method in place to communicate with Headquarters and were never sought out for advice or consent on anything. Only his uncle, Fred Franz, really acted as the medium by which God "communicated". In essence, the explanation promoted by the Watchtower Society was yet another in a long line of lies. Not only were their interpretations and prophecies all false but even the method they claimed by which they came to them were just flat out untrue.

The old wine slurping-bread crunching bunch had nothing to do with how the Watchtower was run, unless they happened to be the President or his right hand man. One of the excuses the Society always used as to why they were not a cult was the claim that JWs did not follow a single powerful charismatic leader. This too is a lie as the policies and prophesies of the Watchtower Society have always come from one or two powerful men at the top who were the defacto dictators of the cult.

When confronted by his nephew in this regard Fred Franz admitted as much by saying he was a special designated teacher above all other JWs. Completely unknown to us R&F JWs back then was the fact that all of our strong held beliefs were the products of Fred Franz's and Judge Rutherford's fevered imaginations. Our whole lives revolved around what a few men made up from their own understanding while we were led to believe that the whole body of the living 144,000 "princes" were being guided by God. The Society's real leaders knew that their explaination was 100% false and yet chose to decieve us all in order to keep us from questioning their secret power and status. I remember thinking back then about just how the little old ladies in our congregation from the 144,000 could be directing the whole operation. Such questions were set aside as another in the growing catagory of the mysterious "deep things of God". It was deep all right!

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Hey Liberty,

very well said.
    I remember hearing of a case in a nearby congregation about this brother that was one of the annointed, that questioned one of the doctrine that was being promoted by the boys in NY. This happened back in the 50's. The fella's told him that they had to adhere to the teachings of the governing body and ask him to stop telling others about his feelings on the doctrine. He didn't and so they disfellowshipped him as an apostate. A few years later "new light flashed up" and what the annointed brother told them was revealed to them finally by Jehovah and Jesus Christ. Poor brother was through with them. He never came back.

Pureheart

• happy man
    happy man

Ask Amaizing, if i dont remember wrong he say he was one of the annointed.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

We have an 'annointed' person in our hall. She is the nicest woman you can meet, but do the elders take anything she says seriously? Nahh, they just patronize her and follow whatever the WTBTS says. The only difference is she drinks and eats 1 more time a year then we do.

• SYN
    SYN

It's all very vague, as you've mentioned. Sometimes I'm still amazed that I actually believed this BS.

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Francois
    Francois

Think about it. It has to be vague.

Direct contact via the indwelling spirit of God is, and always has been characterized as a "mystical" experience. And we know what the GB thinks of mystics.

They have gotten themselves well and truly in a box on this one. They claim to be guided by God. But ALL AND EVERY technique of knowing God and His will, the GB has already characterized as mysticism, therefore demonism. Can't have one without the other.

The Hebrews used the Urim and Thummin (read dice) to know the will of God. I can just see the GB now, gathered over a long polished table at HQ throwing rocks down the carpet to see what to print in the WT this time.

They really ARE in the mother of all corners. And the funniest part is that they put themselves there.

HAR!

Francois

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My grandfather had the heavenly hope and was supposed to be one of the 144,000. I understand that the remnant being "spirit directed" could contribute to the WT. I was told that he did contribute some minor point in doctrinal understanding. More in likely the GB has had new light on this and its being changed anyway. I agree that probably 99% of the "spiritual food" is coming from a small minority of the remnant class.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• SYN
    SYN

Yeah, all 8 of them.

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

The triune god of the Watchtower communicates with the GB as he has always communicated.

They go to Russell's grave and chant Rutherford's name while they toss Freddie Franz' writings up in the air. Heads means yes, tails means no.

They worship men not God.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit