The FDS and its original "Jezebel" influence...

by Muddy Waters 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I've done so much reading and research these past couple of years, it's sometimes difficult to remember from where I heard what.

But it seems that in one of the books I read (CoC maybe?), it was mentioned that Maria Russell, Charles Russell's wife, used to write articles for his new magazine. This is way back when and before he decided she was getting too big for her britches. Or something like that. However, this person/author said it was SHE who decided that Russell was the "faithful and discrete slave"! It was SHE who originally interpreted this parable into a whole prophecy.

So... if we apply this knowlege (so sorry, I wish I remembered the exact source where I read this! Perhaps somebody here knows to what book or author I am referring?) -- then it means that the whole FDS/GB is following a teaching that was first explained and taught and promulgated by a WOMAN, yes, a LOWLY FEMALE!! (I picture the GB as a group of greedy, grasping Ferengi now, lol!) but in their mysognyistic way they can apply this parable-turned-prophecy totally to themselves and especially to MEN ONLY.

It's very amusing to me to think of this. Would really appreciate if somebody did know or could point out the source for this... thank you! :)

• prologos
    prologos

behind every Good (or bad) man stands a supportive wife,

a totally SURPRISED wife.

history repeats itself in many congregations today/ Thyatira.

good influences should not be hidden.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ah ha! Thanks to a wonderful person on another forum, I found the source to this information! It is from the book, Apocalypse Delayed, by James Petton, on pp. 33-34!!
    Will post some excerpts from that in a little while, have some reading to do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit