Berta, Bonnie and the Judge

by scotoma 5 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Has anyone edited the information about this incident in one coherent treatment?

To me it is one of the most amazing pieces of evidence against the claims of divine selection of the Watchtower leaders/writers as the "faithful and discreet slave".

Since mere congregation overseers are to be "irreprehensible...a man presiding over his own household...not a drunken brawler...fine testimony from people on the outside" how much more would you expect the overseer of the Global Congregation to meet those qualifications. True, Rutheford is long gone but he still needs to be repudiated as an example of someone who "did not walk with God".

Larc has passed, Farkel is fairly exhausted. Leolia?

I would like to see chronological evidence along with the challenges that were answered. Although, many weighed in with positive appreciation those comments could be eliminated to make the content more digestible.

Maybe it could be presented in the dialog format that was used in the old Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose book.

Then some good actors could present it all on Youtube.

This would be a powerful Anti-Drama.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Apparently no one knows about this any more.

I could have put this at the end of the 2004 thread started by Farkel but I suspected it would get little traction.

Once again you can see why the JW organization wins. Scandal doesn't last even in a group of hard core dissenters.

The original post was very powerful with over 75,000 visits.

It should be condensed down to a 16 page magazine format and distributed to every home within 10 blocks of a kingdom hall.

It appears even the original contributors to that thread have no interest in weighing in on this suggestion.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I suspect many of them are no longer here. But I agree...It's an awesome thread. worth linking for people that haven't read it yet.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/77915/1/Rutherford-Exposed-The-Story-of-Berta-and-Bonnie

sorry, can't make that live for you...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was very impressed with the thread. I wish Barbra Anderson could dig up some tidbits.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I made it clickable for you

I beleive that in one of the later pages leolaia summarized the whole thing into one or more posts

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks Lady Lee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit