JW blurb on FOX NEWS CHANNEL

by mole 8 Replies latest jw friends

• mole
    mole

Tonight at the beginning of the "Hannity & Colmbs" program, The topic of the JW who is suing a doctor for administrating a blood transfusion against his will, was debated for about 30 seconds. Both commentators agreed that this is a "tough subject," however each felt that "religious freedom must be protected." Sean Hannity ended by saying that "there would be more about this later." I have not looked in the Fox News web site to see if the story is covered in more detail.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Heard that same blurb on my fox news as well channel 8 in Greensboro, NC. The guys mother told the doc to give the guy a blood transfusion while he was out, but apparently he had given explicit instructions that he wasn't to have any blood. Now he's sueing or some such thing.

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Here is a link to a story about the same item:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020403/ap_on_re_us/blood_fight_2&cid=534

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since he would have died without it, maybe he would be happy if they promised to kill him now. Instead of asking for money, he should ask for death.

SS

• Flip
    Flip

It seems to me the story is more about 'ambulance chasing' than 'religious freedom'.

Look out WTBTS if this guy should happen to, one day, recant his numinous fakery.

Flip

• mole
    mole

I e-mailed the show and referred them to the ajwrb. org web site. Maybe they can get some background information on the topic for a later debate.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i saw a blurb about this story on cnn's headline news this afternoon while i was getting my teeth cleaned. the caption read something like "save a life, get sued?"

• Will Power
    Will Power

SS

good one

But he better not be collecting on any insurance - they don't pay for suicide right?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If I was the defense attorney or the trial judge, I would have to wonder: if it was really about leaving the whole thing in God's hands, then why submit to the surgical procedures in the first place? Why not let 'nature take its course"?

I can't tell you how many JW's overeat or overdrink to the point of harming their bodies, to the point of needing medical intervention to save their lives becasue of their own overindulgence. Then they cry because they can't get their medical preferences catered to.

And last but not least, if the Watchtower had allowed their people to go to school all those years ago, our society might be awash with JW doctors who WOULD be willing to cater to the JW's---they have no one to blame but themselves for these problems.

So JW's in general don't get along with each other, they don't get along with themselves, they can't take care of their children, they don't get along with their neighbors--and God is going to give THEM a whole planet to do this on---

ROTFLMAO......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit