Does the WT knowingly violate fire codes on Memorial night?

by Calebs Airplane 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I've been to at least 5 different halls in my lifetime and have seen the same scenarios repeated over and over... The MAX OCCUPANCY sign (regulated by local fire code) is completely ignored on Memorial night.

For example, one hall I attended had an average congo attendance of about 95 with a max occupancy of 175. However, on Memorial night, we'd usually stuff at least 200 people into the hall. Don't ask me how, but we did... the other 4 halls I attended had similar scenarios...

However, my experiences could very well be completely isolated events. So I'm curious to know what your experiences have been on Memorial night...

Have you noticed whether or not the fire code has been adhered to at your hall on Memorial night? Please share...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah will save us from any fire. Like Daniel and his mates. If a fire started he would make it rain....only on the Hall...

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember KH's being packed out like that in the past. But the last memorial I attended (maybe 2 years ago), there must have been 30 empty seats. If memorial attendance is down everywhere, it may cease to be a problem.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I agree the original post.

In the one hall that I was privy to knowledge of the firecode it was 165. We averaged 80 to 100 per meeting. Memorial time, we hit 200+.

I even asked the Presiding Overseer about it one time and he said "As long as the fire marshall doesn't know, we are ok".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Fire code violation or not, I remember feeling crowded at those places during the REJECT Astaroth Party. It always seemed congested at the dump at that event, regardless of how many people show up (and I always liked it when turnout was wimpy). Beyond the crowded feeling, there was some kind of bad energy coming from the dump that, even in my miserable spiritual condition, I could still sense. It is always the worst during the REJECT Astaroth Party, though I could sense the same negative energy during a$$emblies and when the hounder-hounder showed up.

One more reason not to touch those boasting sessions with a 10 meter pole. If the angels are sending out such strong bad energy that I could feel it without even being able to feel such energy, I could only imagine how horrible it would be if I could readily sense the slightest negative energy. All the cautions the witlesses always used to give regarding not getting too close to Demons apply even more so with not dabbling with angels. And I can honestly say I never felt anything bad from Satan or any of His Demons--unlike those filthy angels.

Here's to hoping this REJECT Astaroth Party will be cancelled for many of us.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Metaspy... I was given the same response... "as long as no one opens their mouth, there should be no problem"

The WT does obey Ceasar's laws, as long as these laws don't interfere with any of their recruiting activities.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Should I drop a line to my local Fire department to tell them ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is the kind of problem most other churches would probably love to have!

• exwhyzee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit