The "Remnant" - a Modern Miracle!

by Nathan Natas 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

With the recent celebration of the Memorial, there's been some discussion here

(e.g., http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24881&site=3)

and in other recent threads about the "social phenomenon" that is the partakers at the Memorial.

I've been looking at some actuarial data recently, and I've found that this "remnant" are UNEXPECTEDLY more vigorous than the other members of their generation. With my tongue planted firmly in my cheek I have concluded that this is evidence of the operation of the Holy Spirit upon this "class" even if none of the members of the class personally experience this benefit.

Here's an example - the number of memorial partakers in 1988 was approximately 8,000 - the same as it is today. The WTS will tell you in confidence that they figure that about HALF of the partakers last week are either LIARS or FOOLS and that the "actual" figure is closer to around 4,000 "real" members of this special class.

This is interesting: if the spirit-led WTS is right, from 1988 to 2002 the number of this class decreased by ONLY 50%.

How does this compare with the general population?

Well, if you look at the generation - can I use that word? - of Americans who were born in 1900, you find that only 13% of them were alive in 1988. By the year 2000, only 0.8% of that generation remained. If the count of the "remnant" of the "annointed" followed this pattern, there would be FEWER THAN 500 partakers alive today on planet earth.

The only possible explanation is that "something" has preserved this special class. I didn't know that snake oil could be so beneficial.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well, obviously the organization needs the guidance of very VERY experienced ones, hence they are living long lives.
    Of course, one wonders what it is they are experienced in, certainly not problems related to alcoholism, drug abuse etc.So they cannot offer guidance for errant ones fallen into such pitfalls.
    Perhaps the "characters" of the members of the organization are not fully developed enough, so Jehovah has to keep these fossils breathing till the general masses of the org are righteous enough to deserve to survive the big A.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, that, or the WTS is a sack o' liars.

A phrase I'm trying to wear out is, "TRUTH is congruent with REALITY," but like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going, and going, and going.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

The fact that the number would be a lot more if they counted all the partakers, but some elders do not report some partakers out of embarrisment on the cong.
    I know of 3 local congs at the recent memorial who are not going to report their embarrisment.
    Honest as well

The Truth will set You Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit