Gall Bladder Question

by channing28105 4 Replies latest jw friends

• channing28105
    channing28105

I am wondering if there is someone that has had their Gallbladder removed because I had my Gallbladder removed in July of 2012 and I have a lot of Questions about the Gallbladder Removal.

Channing

• Quandry
    Quandry

I've had my gallbladder removed, but wasn't watching them remove it....I was asleep at the time. I can tell you not to eat pepperoni....it may give you heartburn, because you can't digest things as well now.

• just Ron
    just Ron

I had my gallbladder removed in November 2007. It wasn't a big deal, I don't have any trouble with indigestion or heartburn. I eat whatever I want and I don't have any problems. I don't normally eat a lot of greasy foods, but when I do eat pizza or something fried I don't have any problems.

• poppers
    poppers

I had my gallbladder removed in 2007 as well. I had to have major surgery because it was so bad I couldn't have the simpler procedure. It took a couple of months for me to fully recover. I feel SO much better after it was removed. I can eat foods without any problem, but still try to limit greasy foods, though they don't bother me like they did before. The incision site still has a bit of numbness (that's par for the course), but it doesn't bother me either.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ask away......

People often ask a question bout its use and its loss..... The bile produced in the Liver is still made in sufficient amounts to cope with our diets. All the gall bladder does is store bile on its route to the pancreas. Now, your bile leaves the liver and goes straight to the pancreas and then to the intestines. Previously your gall bladder would contract and release stored bile. that is all. As I said, enough bile is made either way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit