"Perfect" JWs

by Ding 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

As we know, JWs are constantly under pressure to conform more and more to WT expectations.

I was just thinking about a sister I used to know who always came across as the perfect JW portrayed in the literature: She never missed a meeting. She pioneered. She always had a look of contentment. She always spoke in glowing terms about "the truth" and the organization. She always commented at WT studies and never varied from the points in the articles. Every word she spoke sounded like it had been scripted that morning by the Writing Department.

She was always "in character"; that is, I never did detect a non-cult persona.

Do you know any JWs like that?

Do you have any suggestions for helping such a person break out of the mold and start thinking for him/herself?

Or do you consider such ones to be lost causes?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Yes and most of them are ex-Catholics.

A lot of ex-Catholics become JW's , especially women.

They are pre-brainwashed so to speak and

understand lock-step thinking and ritualized behavior.

The sense of being "perfect" is comforting even if it is an illusion.

These are people you do not want to question, if you do they get

glassy eyed and start repeating things, because they are

laser focused on obedience to the Governing-Body-Pope.

They see themselves as sort of nuns.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's as hard as they brainwashing you again.

• thinking_ability
    thinking_ability

That is my best friend to a T!! Until you get her in a relaxed one on one environment and the walls come down. She described God of the bible as an abusive boyfriend which got me thinking....and here I am now on jwn haha. We have the most amazing discussions now. She's my lifeline in the jw sea of delusion.

No one would ever guess she would say/believe such things. sometimes these people are just good actors! And havent we all been conditioned to be actors? 1.2.3....Kingdom smile everyone, we are Jehovahs happy people!

• okage
    okage

Good chance that she's got a closet so full of skeletons that a graveyard is jealous. (Not an attack to believers) The Bible's Godly qualities are all contrary to human nature, so if anyone acts perfectly in harmony with Scripture, that person is in a vicious war with herself over the importance of human nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit