JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . just perusing:

*** Jehovah Cares for You ***
    Are you convinced of Jehovah’s saving power? Are you aware of his angelic protection? Have you personally tasted and seen that Jehovah is good? When was the last time that you were particularly conscious that Jehovah had been good to you? Try to recall. Was it at that last home you visited in the ministry, just as you were feeling you could do no more?

w02 10/15 pp. 17-18 par. 16

*** How Angels Can Help You ***
    Do angels care for people and protect them? The apostle Paul asked: “Are they [angels] not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14) Clearly, the answer to Paul’s question is yes.

w98 11/15 p. 6

• ambersun
    ambersun

Do angels care for people and protect them? The apostle Paul asked: “Are they [angels] not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14) Clearly, the answer to Paul’s question is yes.

w98 11/15 p. 6

The angels "sent forth to minister" to those poor women, mauled within an inch of their lives, must have been on a coffee break at the time then, more's the pity. Thank goodness one of Satan's worldly people happened to be around with his shotgun to save the day instead.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    If that 78 year old woman was my mother......oh baby.

My mother got bit by my pups, her fault for letting it happen.

What is sad about this story and the comments is that people don't know how to handle dogs. People are afraid of dogs. That is the worst thing to be. My dogs won't hurt me because they are afraid of me and know that I am not afraid of them, and I won't be afraid of anyone else's either. If your hand is firmly around the dog's windpipe, they won't do damage. Or if your boot is firmly implanted in their heads, they won't do damage.

• label licker
    label licker

Apparently angels are scared of dogs too. Quit picking on those poor angels.

One thing we were taught in dog training(shutzhund) was when a dog comes at you make a noise that its never heard like ahhhh really loud. Not the word no for they hear that all the time. It really does work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finklestein: Mormon women do go door to door

Interesting never seen that up here in Canada .

So it definitely was JWs then, And yes its not surprising an ASSHOLE elder would spin the issue and say those

woman were volunteering on their own, deflecting any responsibility.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

was the "beware sign" on the house

fakesmile ...

There have been many cases in which the homeowner got into severe legal trouble by having the sign up and the dog biting a person. With a sign like that, you are consenting to the fact and are fully aware that you have a dangerous animal that could cause injury or death. You have lost the defense of "he just snapped" or "he would never hurt anyone".

If you have that sign up and the dog attacks someone on the sidewalk or even your own walkway to your front door, you could be a BIG loser in a court of law.

Rub a Dub

• wasblind
    wasblind

So So sad ,

How I felt about saturdays changed when I started goin' out in field service

I became anxious, my nerves unsettled because my daughter would accompany

our car group then. I would go through the week at times to accompany another sister

there were times my daughter ddin't feel comfortable leavin' the car

and I wouldn't let anybody force her by sayin' she was weak in the faith

Jehovah protects

Can that mess, Jehovah already protected us by givivn' us a brain to sense

danger

• wasblind
    wasblind

Witneses don't know what situation they're walkin' into

they need to realize back in Jesus day he had to go D2D

there were no phones, T.V. or the internet

Why put folks in danger ? when modern technology

gets the message out and still reach every door

at a quicker pace

As we all know the WTS does this for show

because it's no longer an effective way to peddle their wares

I remember my mom buyin' a bible from a D2D sales man

He had what ever version you prefered

The WTS need to take a hint from the Milkman, vacuum clearner salesman and the encyclopedia

salesman

• wasblind
    wasblind

w98 11/15 p. 6

WTS contradiction on the belief of protective spirits and where this originates

" What is the origin of popular customs associated with birthday celebrations ?

The Greek believed that everyone had a protective spirit or daemon who attended his birth and watched over him in life. This spirit had a mystic relation with the god on whose birthday the individual was born. The Romans also subscribed to this idea.....This notion was carried down in human belief and is reflected in the gaurdian angel. "_____Reasoning From the Scriptures book page69

The WTS clearly promotes a pagan practice in their w98 11/15 p.6

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Angels must've had the day off, or those two women were practicing gross sin in secret and lost Jehovah's protection. In all seriousness though, that's sad. Feel bad for all the parties involved. The images of that horrific scene will be embedded in the shooter's and the owner's head until they die.

The one woman was 78 years old, what the heck was she doing out in field service!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!? I bet you both were auxilliary pioneering this month trying to get those thirty hours in. So much for that plan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit