SAY WHAT?

by quincy_aka_quentin 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

So Terry and I are conversating the other day and he says to me "You'll never guess who befriended me on Face Book, from way back in our kh days". "Male , or female says I". "Yes". "Was it ?????.. %%%%%%%". "Yes it was". We talked a little about that and our mad dash back to Texas from the 1969 Kansas Assembly. Then says he "She finally remembered you". "Yeah, says I". "Yes says he. You were Quincy, that sweet blond boy". I gotta tell ya, took the wind out of my sails, sweet blond boy? Back in those days I wasn't so much sweet as I was ignorant. What can I say ignorance runs in my family.

Ever happen to you, someone from years back remembers you in an unexpected way? Terry and I had some knee slapping and guffaws over that.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Cool experience!

• Terry
    Terry

Quentin, you'll get a kick out of this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=conversate

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/befriend

Anyway, the person in question only has fond memories of you because it has been 44 years since they last saw you.

Her memory is so fuzzy of me that she is under the impression I said something to her I know darned well I never said.

So, the mind plays tricks!

Somebody once said: "You can only remember something once; after that you remember the last version called to mind, and so on."

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

Hello Cobaltcupcake....pleased to meet you...

Fuzzy eh, don't think there was ever a day that person wasn't fuzzy. Yet, 44yrs is a long time. Fuzzy or not at lest I was remembered....

Somebody once said: "You can only remember something once; after that you remember the last version called to mind, and so on." True, very true.

I did get kick out of those two sights and learned something as well: irregardless is not a legitimate word. Never knew that. You were friended on FB, not befriended. Sometimes I don't use words properly.[ note to self, must refrain from munching mushrooms growing in dog shit from back yard ]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit