Dallas, Fort Worth Area anyone?

by LyinEyes 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

My husband and I are going to the Dallas , Fort Worth area in the next few weeks for work and I was wondering if anyone knows of any apostate meetings or groups in that area? I heard in the bigger cities there are some organized discussion groups, let me know, thanks!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We have an "Aposta Fest" every few months, but I am not aware of any regularly organized gatherings.

Anyone else know of something? I would be interested in attending something like that now and then.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hi Lyin,

There are plenty of ex-JWs in this area. There are two groups I've come across. One is mainly composed of fun-loving, crawdad-eating, beer-swilling fun folks that met via this board that live in Dallas/Ft. Worth. We get together every so often just for fun.

The other group is composed of born-again, religious ex-JWs who have made the transition from the Watchtower to mainstream Christianity.
    They are actually having a support meeting this weekend. They are very nice, without being overly preachy.

You can find the support meeting schedule at: http://www.light4xdub.com/

• Valis
    Valis

Lyin..drop me a line when you guys are in town. Email for phone #. I might even make you dinner.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Lyin,

Drop me an email when you come through town. My boyfriend is Mozzer on this board. If I'm here (April is a busy travel month for me) then maybe we could have lunch or drinks? I could probably get a few more to join us.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit