2 things I don't understand about watchtower leadership

by Gorbatchov 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

With the new pope Franciscus in mind, I was thinking about our new GB member Mark Sanderson.

How is our Mark chosen to be one of the 8 members of the GB / FDS? Are there internal headhunters at the Watchtower HQ?

What is his CV? What did he do inside the corporations? Education?

It can't be that he is chosen because his hours at the field service report?

Is he tested for his loyality to the corporation (like The Firm?) They will not select him only for his blue eyes, don't you?

I find his name not in the list of corporation directors. They have more management experience, why did'nt they chose these experienced man?

And finaly I had a brainwave: could the selection of new GB members happen with outside influence? Why? Because the JW community has +/- 7 billion followers worldwide. Is it possible that the US governement has influence at the watchtower leadership?

And: why is a new watchtower leader chosen from an group of people that could not exist? The anointed JW's worldwide (former FDS) are not taken seriously, and younger anointed gettint the label "emotional".

Many questions, please let me know how you think about above...

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Gorba,

I think you have a very valid question. We all know how the Pope, president and other important figures are elected, for all we know it could be George Soros that puts a GB member in place.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Dude, you're trying to make sense outta' nonsense. Stop it!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• designs
    designs

How could he be chosen from a group that doesn't exist- priceless

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I find his name not in the list of corporation directors.

The Governing Body was formed in 1971 and one of things it did was to separate the Legal Corporation from the GB. This was refined over the following years and from 2000 (I think) no GB member could be a Director and vice versa.

George

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@OODAD thanks for your reply. I look at this with a MBA degree business administration.

Maybe I go to far in thinking about it, but there must be a power behind the power of the GB / FDS.

It is a multi billion dollar business. They have risk managers, investment managers and a lot of money on a lot of bank accounts.

Mark Sanderson is not chosen for his blue eyes. He is of course a puppet. Big question: who is the puppeteer?

Of course I know it's a cult like religion, but it is a lot more of that: it exports the american dream to other country's and implementing US influence.

Maybe you are now falling with a smile from your chair to the ground, but read my lips: it's more than a religion. It's power.

Gorby

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I think to be a GB member, a CV would rule you out.

zed

• bigmac
    bigmac

next--they will say he was appointed by holy spirit

bwwaa haa haa PMSL

• cheerios
    cheerios

he was chosen for his skill at window washing ... hellagood washer!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Raymond Franz in his book In Search of Christian Freedom said that Governing Body members are chosen by invitation of the existing members.

Sanderson had served the organization as a mediator between doctors and U.S. JW's who were patients facing blood issues. More importantly he worked on the branch committee in the Phillipines. These committee members are well known to the Governing Body, and if they're known to be good company men (and claim to be anointed) they can often be candidates to fill open spots in the WT's Governing Body.

The US government doesn't get involved in selecting religious leaders as happens in other nations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit