NEW NWT'S Distributed at 2013 Conventions?

by TheSnarkyApologist 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FatherlessChild
    FatherlessChild

I will be going to the first convention due to family obligations. I will take one for the team and give updates ASAP

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Waiting with bated breath. Thanks FatherlessChild. I think I'll have to attend all of mine, but would love to know in advance for a change.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Now that the DCs have started for the season, we're well aware that an updated NWT is NOT being released at the convention.

Since so many congregations are now out of Bibles (and many have been since late 2012), I encountered a couple of humorous takes on the situation...

1. One elder recently deadpanned to me: "Hey, did you hear that the Watchtower Society is changing it's legal name?" Of course my first thought was "No, and how is it I haven't heard this on JWN???"

"Yeah, they've decided to rename it 'Watchtower Tract Society'...since everyone's beginning to assume they've given up on printing Bibles!"

2. Someone else also showed me a printout of the DC Program. Everything looked and read exactly the same, except instead of the title reading "God's Word is Truth", it had a smaller second line in the same font that read: "But we can't give it to you!"

• rebel8
    rebel8

This rumor is still alive and well today, though wouldn't it be confirmed because the conventions have already started? Maybe the hive mind is broken.

Did they get a new one, also translated by Gerber? lol

• Splash
    Splash

There was a new Bible released at the latest DC, but it was released invisibly.

The Witnesses are thrilled to have such a wonderful new tool and will use it extensively to confirm all the new teachings coming from the GB.

Splash

• rebel8
    rebel8

ROFL

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Splash, that's the best explanation I've heard yet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit