An Approach to Wake Up JW Friends

by Emery 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

Okay so for a while now I have been developing an idea to help expose the truth to certain jw friends without forsaking my identity. The idea involves sending an anonymous email to someone with an attachment. To do this you may need set-up a new email account (if necessary) without any traces of your real name or location during sign up. Choosing a pro jw email address can help disguise you as well, for instance, choosing a name like: [email protected] or [email protected] will be a step in the right direction. As far as the attachment, it can be 'Crisis of Conscience' PDF [please pay for it] . Now choose a subject title that can help stimulate curiosity or intrigue. For example:

Subject: Former Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses: Raymond V. Franz

Attachment: CofC.PDF

Message: Attached is the compassionate and amazing autobiography of former governing body member Raymond V. Franz. Franz, who served in Jehovah's organization for 40 years, writes to tell about it in this book 'Crisis of Conscience'. In the book he relates many of his experiences of being on that body for 9 years. Franz gives insight and commentary as to the history, decisions, and rulings made during his time with the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

And that’s it! Let it marinate in ambiguity. Let curiosity run it's course. Do not imply or say anything that will cause them to immediately reject it.

I use this example as many do not have a clue about Ray Franz. Also, I have had several discussions with people who have explored apostate information but found it too bitter or negative. Ray's book doesn't give that impression while reading it which is why I suggest using it, however...

There are some dangers to this approach:

A) Emails will contain the IP Address of the device or computer from where it was sent. The IP can be tracked to your location. Although many witnesses do not even know how to properly work a computer, some are savvy enough to try and figure out who the email came from. In my case, I know many nerdy and tech savvy Jws who would probably try this. To help this, try an Internet cafe, they're great for sending anonymous emails. Additionally, there are ways to hide your IP from your emails but it will require some time and research to execute.

B) Some family members or friends may be able to identify you by your writing style or form of argumentation. If you have a particular way of expressing yourself it may not be wise to engage in a back and forth email exchange.

To avoid these issues altogether, I recommend finding and using a mediator. Someone who you can work with on JWN to send the emails for you. If say, you have a hard time communicating or expressing TTATT to a relative or a friend, this can be an added bonus. Many here are very educated in TTATT, are excellent communicators, and have already been DF'd or DA'd so they have nothing to lose. Also, a non-jw friend could help you.

I know that this approach is not entirely honest but the motive is to wake them up. It has to be in this way as they are programmed to immediately reject such truths. I would like to leave you with a fitting quote from the movie 'V for Vendetta'...

“Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.”

• Emery
    Emery

Has anyone previously tried something like this before?

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

It's certainly worth a try. But your example is a little flawed. Dubs may not know Ray Franz's name, but they will recognize "Crisis of Conscience" and start frothing at the mouth.

Let us know how this works out.

• Emery
    Emery

Of course using Ray Franz may not always work but it can help with some. I know it helped me and my folks. We had no idea there was a governing body member who was disfellowshipped. It was very tempting and had someone just randomly emailed it to us we would have dig into it a long time ago. Maybe just sending the file with the subject title would be tempting enough.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any attempt to help people see TTATT is worth the effort as long as it isn't an outlandish approach that makes "apostates" look like the WTs definition of "mentally diseased". (think of Rick Feron)

It's important to be UN-sensational.

Doc

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Emery, I tried it and wrote about it in the thread You’ve Got Mail! TM. I think sending anonymous emails is a good idea when it contains simple questions with links to reliable websites (i.e., www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.jwsurvey.org, www.freedomofmind.com to name a few) and current news stories (i.e., Candace Conti, and other child abuse and molestation done by JWs).

The subject line of the email should peak a JW's curiousity and the email body should be loving, asking a simple question, and provide one or two links that will expose JWs to information for them to draw their own conclusions.

Don't be discouraged if no one responds or that they ask you to remove them from your email list. Your objective should only be to plant a seed of doubt and not to get them to immediately fade from the WTBTS.

Also, you can send emails using your regular email address to your JW friends and family with lots of pictures of you having fun and doing fun activities with new non-JW friends. The internet is the WTBTS's biggest nemesis, because they cannot control the flow of information on it.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I like this idea! I was also thinking how I could utilize my Facebook, while I'm still in. I have a decent amount of JW's on there from different states. I have many pictures showing good times and events that I go to. They have no idea I'm fading, so I thought I could use the next few months wisely and post provocative questions or legitimate news articles with catchy tag lines.

If I can help email people for you, let me know. I go to the library regularly and could use a computer there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit